Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How quickly does the environment regrow?

I think Verra is freakin' beautiful! Did you see the environment video on Halloween? It's gorgeous! I can't wait to burn it all down. Heh. JK. It's so pretty it makes me sad for it. When there's a war will it turn into ashes and burned or will it regrow and be pretty again? Will it regrow slowly or quickly, or will it stay destroyed? 

Comments

• Options
    sunfrog said:
    I think Verra is freakin' beautiful! Did you see the environment video on Halloween? It's gorgeous! I can't wait to burn it all down. Heh. JK. It's so pretty it makes me sad for it. When there's a war will it turn into ashes and burned or will it regrow and be pretty again? Will it regrow slowly or quickly, or will it stay destroyed? 
    That a good question which I have no idea about ^^. I would also want to know how corruption affects the lands and if they change the cities in any way. 

hoping for a city of the dead ^^
  • Options
    We'll have to make compost piles and carry pockets full of fertilizer and leave a trail as we travel.   We could grind some bones for bone meal.   Anything to help the land stay green and fertile.
  • Options
    We'll have to make compost piles and carry pockets full of fertilizer and leave a trail as we travel.   We could grind some bones for bone meal.   Anything to help the land stay green and fertile.
    over my dead body ^^
  • Options
    Bones will be bones!   Better to be ground up and spread then lying dead!
  • Options
    This is a good question and as yet we honestly do not have any answer yet. I would imagine some areas may change quite considerably as settlements grow and expand. Then there are events that may change the nature of an area through some sort of corruption, or natural disaster. But it is all yet to be revealed how the world will change.
  • Options
    I imagine there is a plan in place. Some sort of warning or trigger. If they didn't have such, imagine the hue and cry when people were walking around a village that transitioned to a city instantly and npcs they were talking to went *poof, or people were trapped in walls or were able to gain access to someones locked house when the environment expanded. The PAX reveal was said to be not indicative of how they plan to transitition. Would be hard to coordinate having everyone in a cave, a big boom, and when you come out the other side there are new structures there.
  • Options
    I'd like to understand this for resource nodes more than just the environment, unless if the nodes are also the landscape, that would be the coolest!
  • Options
    I wrote up a game design I've always wanted to make, but sadly do not have those kinds of resources.

One of the things I wanted to implement was a Necromancer "class". The downside being that any Necrotic magic had to draw it's power from the living--animal, vegetation, whatever. Therefore, using your abilities could have a lasting effect on the world, and also leave a trail, or be tracked, back to you which could cause you to become Kill on Sight if word ever got out.

So imagine a Necromancer casts Disease on a deer, and the deer runs off. It could affect other animals or players, as they contract the disease; or the Necromancer casts a spell and the plant life around him whithers to power the spell, causing wildlife in the area to seek shelter elsewhere--maybe the wolves invade a nearby town trying to find a safe haven, for example. 
  • Options
    How about a guild owned areas (or personal player owned areas if player is rich enough - with in game currency ofc.).

Then guilds could set a law that animals or plants are protected, and only people with special permit are allowed to hunt them.

Anyone else could kill a deer, or cut a tree, but this would be stealing and it would flag the player. Much stealing would give player the corruption.

It would also balance PvP and PvE play style, with PvE players needing to care what they are doing as well.  B)