Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What would you like to see in a guild castle?

Ok my thinking is we will see a system in place, like for the nodes, when it comes to guild castles. Without more info on the topic, I figured we can toss out a few of our own ideas here.

a guild should work to get the top level building agreed? None of this buy it on day one stuff. Guilds should work and their xp will open up the next level of what I guild can do.

Like with nodes, we should be levels.

Level 1 Guild small camp

Level 2 Guild large camp

level 3 Guild Fort

level 4 Guild Tower

level 5 Guild Keep

level 6 Guild Castle

Like with the nodes, not every guild will get the castle, and it's limited like it was said before. And you can siege the guild buildings starting with the Fort.

And of course with each level of the guild, you will gain new things the guild can do. Just like you see in the main node system.

So what would you like to see at each level of a guild? Mind you I am guessing how it might work in the AoC system, based on the Node system.  

Comments

• Options
    You will be able to petition the leader of a city to place a guild hall at a certain node level (more information needed). The castle system has 5 different castles that vary in looks/design with set locations that are primarily a guild based mechanic. Those will be under constant state of weekly siege of the 3 surrounding nodes and the castle itself in the 4th week. A guild that takes a castle will need to build up and support the 3 linked nodes before the next wave of fun begins. Since for the 5 people that we know of that pledged 10k during the KS they get to design those fortresses, bet you they remain static in appearance.

Pledge $10,000

Work with the Devs to design one of the world's fortresses!*** 

• Options
    Well that sounds ok, but I feel it needs a little more something extra. I still like the option I have of making different leveled places for the guilds. Maybe we can have a nice sweet spot that uses both ideas. Just when it's time to do a castle type, you have what Steven is aiming for, but when you have smaller guilds you have what I am putting on the table. Nothing has to be set in stone at this point and time, we should get all the ideas up on the table, and make the guild system a very deep and great one in AoC.
  • Options
    I am all for wishlisting, just don't know how effective it will be. They are going gangbusters on their development milestone goals, I can't see them throwing any more on their plate, and if there was stuff added it will be, as you said, what Steven wants. Which from the last livestream, is interactive maps. The info I posted above is not what I want to see in game, but what they have said is going to be in game. For all the "feedback threads" that have been generated so far, you will be hard-pressed to find a single instance of them saying "Well, we decided to do this, but now we are going to go in a different direction." I will climb out on that branch so someone can saw it off behind me and say not a single decision has been changed from anything written here on forums since the great Kickstarter/Summer Backing debacle. And that was only word-smithed to death because they saw the possibility of them dolla dolla bills raining down.