Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Multibox question

As the topic title is, will be allowed? Similar game allows it for solo gamers  do their thing easier and for more profit. (transfer packs, etc)

I know I know many hate multibox, but if my pc can do it WHY NOT! It is not cheating if I play 1 toon per time... Multibox also gives more profits to a none p2w game.

Other than that I hate multibox like swtor style, that all toons act and do the same thing as the main toon (cheats). Thats a bad multibox but in a themed mmo, not a crafting sunbox mmo.

Personal opinion is, healthy multiboxing is not bad.

ps: Is this game have sea, sea content, ships, etc?  It looks interesting though hope its not heavily p2w!

Comments

• Options
    No p2win ever is the mantra.
    Multiboxing is something they mentioned in an early livestream as being open to, but were looking at the possible ramifications. So you answer is-no hard answer yet.
  • Options
    Oyranos said:
    As the topic title is, will be allowed? Similar game allows it for solo gamers  do their thing easier and for more profit. (transfer packs, etc)

I know I know many hate multibox, but if my pc can do it WHY NOT! It is not cheating if I play 1 toon per time... Multibox also gives more profits to a none p2w game.

Other than that I hate multibox like swtor style, that all toons act and do the same thing as the main toon (cheats). Thats a bad multibox but in a themed mmo, not a crafting sunbox mmo.

ps: Is this game have sea, sea content, ships, etc?  It looks interesting though hope its not heavily p2w!
    Well but it is kind of like cheating depending on exactly what you are doing. If you are taking 3-4 of your closest "friends" out to gather and, because everyone is harvesting (even one at a time) you are raking in 5x the resources that a normal player only playing 1 toon is, then yes, imho you are cheating. Not to mention depleting the resources 5 times faster than a single player would. There also might be situations where content is designed for a full group but because you are MBing a full group yourself you are technically soloing it. That's a good way to get around random loot because it ALL goes to, well you. Why cooperate with others? Right there you are defeating one of the game's cornerstones.

Then what if you thought that just adding a simple script wouldn't hurt to perform a simple attack? Well look you were just one step from having a botting group after all.

I personally don't see anything "healthy" about MBing. Its a suspect practice at its best and is just a hairs breath away from being used for exploitation. I have to ask though, why would you feel the need to MB? Usually MBing is used because others can't be easily found to fill out a group. I had a friend MB a healer because they were hard to come by in the game we were playing. He would attack things, get hurt and then switch to the heal bot to bring him back up to full, rinse and repeat. I got that out of necessity but in a brand spankin' new game there should be plenty of others, at least for the first while.

Of course you might find that if you are legitimately playing each toon you end up painting a huge target on your back because you are ripe for being picked off by just a single PKer.
  • Options
    Yep, the developers love those that pay for multiple accounts. The thing missed in the strang and durm over the QTE mechanic for combat is that it is also going to be applied to gathering. Also resource gathering is not a localized affair like other mmos where you run up on individual nodes of copper of example, hit it 5 times, it despawns and you run to the next. Make yourself a nice little travel macro where you pop from respawn to respawn and afk gather. They have talked about limiting the API as much as possible and those using 3rd party programs to bot and automate are going to be dealt with harshly. So sure, "I can play 5 toons if I want!" Just realize they are already putting safeguards into place that will give you no more advantage than someone playing a single toon. In years past many people ran games on potatoes and didn't want to sacrifice possible power to stream and record gameplay, today almost everyone does it. Realize dodgy behavior is going to be recorded and reported. The node system gives them detailed logs of every single interaction with a node for them to review, and the 3rd party programs like Panopticon that confirmed to be in game will give them even more power to shut down automation and play that triggers the threshold. So my above answer still stands...they haven't said yes or no to multiboxing yet, but those that do are going to be upset when they find their plans of economic dominance through automated play macros doesn't work.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Oyranos said:

Well but it is kind of like cheating depending on exactly what you are doing. If you are taking 3-4 of your closest "friends" out to gather and, because everyone is harvesting (even one at a time) you are raking in 5x the resources that a normal player only playing 1 toon is, then yes, imho you are cheating. Not to mention depleting the resources 5 times faster than a single player would. There also might be situations where content is designed for a full group but because you are MBing a full group yourself you are technically soloing it. That's a good way to get around random loot because it ALL goes to, well you. Why cooperate with others? Right there you are defeating one of the game's cornerstones.

Then what if you thought that just adding a simple script wouldn't hurt to perform a simple attack? Well look you were just one step from having a botting group after all.

I personally don't see anything "healthy" about MBing. Its a suspect practice at its best and is just a hairs breath away from being used for exploitation. I have to ask though, why would you feel the need to MB? Usually MBing is used because others can't be easily found to fill out a group. I had a friend MB a healer because they were hard to come by in the game we were playing. He would attack things, get hurt and then switch to the heal bot to bring him back up to full, rinse and repeat. I got that out of necessity but in a brand spankin' new game there should be plenty of others, at least for the first while.

Of course you might find that if you are legitimately playing each toon you end up painting a huge target on your back because you are ripe for being picked off by just a single PKer.

resources are not renewable? You write resources depleting?  And NO when you healthy multibox you use 1 toon per time, you dont send one toon to gather, one toon to do other things at the same time! 

The only gains I see from sanbox crafting mmos, is the use of land, I may be able to have 2 same buildings with two different accounts, while other players will have one, because they have only one account..
    But that is not cheating.

In you message I believe you confuse cheating with multibox. Scripts are not allowed this is cheating, multibox means having more than one account loaded at the same time in one PC.  Does not mean use of scripts and third party illegal programs.

Now if you  mean auto run and auto follow ingame features (if there is any), these are ingame features, not scripts and cheats.

Below is a multibox scenario in Archeage and totally legal.  A merchant ship have a radar and someone must driver it.  One toon driver the merchant and the other toon (more like afk) stays at radar.  In windowed game mode we can open the map and watch the radar while we drive the merchant and we dont need a second person to be n radar and give us directions if an enemy approaches.  We can do that solo and this is not cheating.

• Options

resources are not renewable? You write resources depleting?  And NO when you healthy multibox you use 1 toon per time, you dont send one toon to gather, one toon to do other things at the same time! 

The only gains I see from sanbox crafting mmos, is the use of land, I may be able to have 2 same buildings with two different accounts, while other players will have one, because they have only one account.. But that is not cheating.

Resources once depleted do NOT respawn in the exact same location. The system has been described as being global for respawns. So while a concentration of silver for example may appear in a node, once depleted it will disappear and may respawn in the same node, a neighboring node, or even across the map a huge distance away. Until we actually see the resource spawning in 6 weeks it is all just guesswork from their statements.

Since you can only have one of each housing type per account, then yes, the benefit of paying for multiple accounts would be having multiple freeholds or houses. Also realize that the tax burden whether online or offline will remain the same. So you can have 5 freeholds for example, as long as you have the gold to pay the upkeep on them all. And no, it is not cheating. You pay the sub, you get the benefits.
  • Options
    I dont know why my message vanished...
  • Options
    It happens sometimes if you click back instead of refreshing your browser. Vanilla forums is a great choice if your business doesn't want to spend money on forum software, but like anything open source, you get what you pay for.
  • Options
    I am dyslexic and I tried to edit it.. Ok I will remember that.
  • Options
    It is still quite early to think about such rules, but I believe that Intrepid will opt for "One account per physical machine".