Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Running Taverns: A Hotelier's Wishlist and some Questions

I work in hotel revenue management, and the notion of being able to set different perks and to sell more/better rooms sent cash register bells ringing in my head. Below are my wishlist and questions to fuel some speculation.

• Reservations system for individual properties, and if ownership of multiple taverns is possible, some kind of central reservations system
  • Setting of room rates according to different room types for the next 90 days.
  • Ability to look at reservations data in a presentable format in order to anticipate future demand and set appropriate rates
  • Setting of prices for F&B items at the common room
  • Payroll system for staff and employees.
  • Permissions list for favored guests, possible member system, blacklist for persona non grata, moderation system to mute/boot disruptive guests.
Beyond all this, would there be an API to collect room rates for local competitors and all across Verra? I'm already thinking of setting up an Ashpedia.com (Expedia for Ashes, ha ha ha) empire.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    I like your enthusiasm, the blog post has opened up so many new questions and so much room for speculation, speculation can be fun when we don't have a game to play. I honestly do love some of the ideas and concepts that have been hinted at, just hope they can bring this vision to life.
  • Options
    sounds good! can't wait to see what they show us ingame and then we can go and improve from there.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Plan your trip with Ashpedia. Buy travel tickets, read reviews & reserve a room. Find fellow travelers in groups, rental horses & trade routes. Great prices guaranteed!
  • Options
    Plan your trip with Ashpedia. Buy travel tickets, read reviews & reserve a room. Find fellow travelers in groups, rental horses & trade routes. Great prices guaranteed!
    Lol...just don't go with AshBnB, I hear they murder people in their rooms.
    http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/airbnb-guest-allegedly-murdered-by-hosts-australia-12326330.php
  • Options
    Davlos said:
    [...]
    • Reservations system for individual properties, and if ownership of multiple taverns is possible, some kind of central reservations system
    [...]
    @Davlos I'm not sure on this one. Taverns are created by players on their freehold property. To gain a freehold property, you must be a citizen of a level 3 node or above. However, you can only be a citizen of one city at a time. Therefore, you can only have one freehold at a time. As the tavern will be one (or multiple) buildings on your property, you may only create one. Guess you need to start a guild or social organisation to get this running! :wink:
  • Options
    Herdo said:
    Davlos said:
    [...]
    [...]
    @Davlos I'm not sure on this one. Taverns are created by players on their freehold property. To gain a freehold property, you must be a citizen of a level 3 node or above. However, you can only be a citizen of one city at a time. Therefore, you can only have one freehold at a time. As the tavern will be one (or multiple) buildings on your property, you may only create one. Guess you need to start a guild or social organisation to get this running! :wink:
    I'm already in a guild with at least 2 people who have expressed interest in starting taverns of their own. If I can start a holding entity where production of F&B, goods and other services is centralized within the guild, there will be efficiency advantages to be had compared to an independent owner.
  • Options
    @ Davlos Brilliant minds come with brilliant ideas.
    Your bullet points made even my mind boggle.
    Seeing as we are creating a city,even culture, monetary system .
    This is why i am so enthusiastic about this game concept.
    Could make civilisation come to life for real ;)

I'm new here, however what i just read sent the nerve endings on the tips of my fingers alight.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    @ Davlos Brilliant minds come with brilliant ideas.
    Your bullet points made even my mind boggle.
    Seeing as we are creating a city,even culture, monetary system .
    This is why i am so enthusiastic about this game concept.
    Could make civilisation come to life for real ;)

I'm new here, however what i just read sent the nerve endings on the tips of my fingers alight.

If you'd like to learn more about hotel revenue management, there's this ebook which covers some of the basic principles.
  • Options
    I predict you will have the best hotel/tavern in the game. What's the name of it so I can invest in it on the stock market?

• Options
    edited November 2017
    sunfrog said:
    I predict you will have the best hotel/tavern in the game. What's the name of it so I can invest in it on the stock market?

I thought of coming up with a generic name at first, but I'm adopting a wait-and-see approach to lore, location of the node my guild intends to build at and see where things go from there.

Hotel Indigo by Intercontinental Hotels Group is something I'm always inspired and amazed by.