Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How in depth will class combinations be?

To elaborate, if I choose a summoner primary with rogue secondary, will my regular summon simply get a dark attribute added to his attacks or will I get a entirely new summon that fits my new class? I'd love for the second possibility to be true, but I feel like hoping for unique abilities for 64 different classes is asking too much. I see a lot of people already assuming that each class will have their own unique abilities, but I feel like they are getting way to over-hyped and, like me, are going to be let down when the game releases.

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately we won't really know until Beta (most likely) how in depth these systems will be. 
  • Options
    They have never said that each of the 64 combinations would be radically different from the base 8 primary selection. The secondary is meant to be a flavor enhancement and will alter small details. Just because you take Fighter/Cleric you are not going to be able to heal like a cleric. You will be able to modify a certain attack to provide a small self-heal on proc. Won't be anywhere near as strong as the heal spell that it is derived from. The same thing for those I see saying "I'm going to take rogue for my secondary and be invisible all the time." Most likely you will be able to alter one ability that will give you a short seconds long invisibility, maybe just long enough to drop outta combat or confuse someone which direction you are headed. As Mooseknee10 said, we won't know until much later, though I think they will have the secondary sorted by Alpha 2 not Beta. Alpha 0 won't have most of the mechanics in place and only the 4 PAX classes and limited race selection. Alpha 1 will have all the classes, and most likely all of the races sorted, but I bet we get capped at 30 for that. (Just a guess)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    As @Mooseknee10 has stated,  we don't have any specific details on augmentations.
    All that we can say so far is
    1.  If you choose summoner/rogue your primary skills will be summoner skills. 
    2. You will be able to apply rogue themes through " though augmentation.

Players will have a flexibility on the skill tree and various augmentation types will define an individual's abilities.
  • Options
    Please have deep in depth trees with lot's of customization availability.  I'm sick of developers dumbing down their game to appeal to young noobs.