Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Creativity Challenge Part One Undead Skeletons and bears

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited November 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
Undead skeletons in most mmorpg´s 

-There all the same race size no undead dwarves for example all seem to be human

-Have all thier bones no missing hands, head, foot (could be limping or crawling)

-All have same weapons  How hard is it give one a sword and shield, another two handed     weapon another no weapons.  Animations and gear already in game so....

-No undead abilities (chilling touch, paralyzation, health drain/steal,  a curse ( 5% chance on hit  to nerf all your abilities by 5%) and if it stacks then it could be a wipe. All they do is physical damage like the rest of the game.

Bears in Mosts mmorpgs

-Fur is all one color could have some different looks like horses

-Only do physical damage and only have a claw attack no bite

-No special abilities like  a stun or a charge. Or have them get on their hind legs and then come back down for a pounce. Or 5% chance on hit to have a knock back. (some minor fighter ability) Be pretty cool if a bear actually leaped a little high through the air for a pounce.

-Polar Bears could have frost breat

I could go on and list most beasts in a game but I am not going to. Just  to sumarize, a lot of beasts and monsters could be given abilities that are similar to the ones classes get but less effective.(magical creature =some minor mage ability)
This trend of most of every thing in the game just does physical damage is boring and shows lack of creativity.  Would like to see more exciting beasts and smarter too, not just look here I am come and kill me.  (Oh look you have been spotted bear takes defensive or offensive stance  starts charging or runs toward rest of the bears.)

There is no limit to the abilities a monster can have just some of them are not suitable like a bear that breaths paralyzing gas.  There is a limit on toons for game balance and number of abilities. However in most morpgs there is no difference between bear, wolf cat, elk all do about same damage and no abilities.  Only difference is the skin.  No creative value at all.