Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Role-playing Tavern - Introduction

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited November 2017 in Role-playing Tavern

Are you a fan of Role-playing? Well today we bring you through the gates of Verra and welcome you to the RP Tavern. Community member's may feel free to start your own threads to begin your own adventures set in the world of Ashes of Creation. Describe your character in detail, share a bit about your other RP experience, the adventure is defined by you the Community. 

Please keep in mind that this forum board will be Moderated just as any other board here in Ashes so please be mindful of the Community Guidelines  That being said, welcome, please stay awhile and enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    It'd probably be good if someone was willing to add "what is roleplaying"  "how far to take it?"  "courtesy and things not to do"  etc.   I'm probably not alone... I don't really understand how role playing online/in a forum works, but I'm open minded.  An education would be appreciated.
  • Options
    tugowar said:
    It'd probably be good if someone was willing to add "what is roleplaying"  "how far to take it?"  "courtesy and things not to do"  etc.   I'm probably not alone... I don't really understand how role playing online/in a forum works, but I'm open minded.  An education would be appreciated.
      I agree with you @tugowar and I may type something up between my own writings to help out. Here is a short preview of that, to help you understand:

Traditionally the person who initiates the forum RP will type up the background and setting for where the RP will take place- Setting the Stage if you prefer that term. This person will also reserve the second post to list the rules for that RP as well as list the current players. It should look something like this:

An eternal winter has come to Verona, a coastal city against a sheer mountain. Times are hard in Verona and matters are made worse when Brecal, the rival port city across the water, has begun an assault. Will the citizens of Verona come together and repel their aggressors and find an end to this eternal winter, or will Brecal claim a new territory in their growing empire?

Rules
    - All characters created must have a backstory or purpose for being with either Verona or Brecal. Foreign Travelers are not allowed.

- Player Characters must class themselves as one of the 8 primary Archetypes.

-Items or weapons not found in the game  are prohibited. (Firearms, explosives, mechanical vehicles, etc.)

-Players may not kill another person's character without explicit permission from the character's owner. Likewise, Players may not give grievous
     wounds to characters that are not theirs.

-Players may not make their characters immortal. Examples of this would include falling 50 ft. from a cliff and landing on their feet unharmed. This is Ashes of Creation, not an anime.

Current List of Players and Characters:

Character Name: Vren
    Player: Kesarakk
    Character Race: Dünir Dwarf
    Class Archetype: Fighter- Secondary Bard
    Primary Weapon: Warhammer
    Chosen Side: Verona
    Backstory: Vren and his clan have lived in Verona since the first Kaelar set up shop along the coast. The relationship between the Dünir and the Kaelar have always been cordial until the eternal winter. The men blame the dwarves for the eternal winter, claiming the stout race have uprooted a curse that has spread from their mines into Verona. Seeking to prove the Kaelar wrong, Vren has entered the coastal city to seek an end to the strained alliance.

I hope this example has opened your eyes somewhat on how forum RP works, and this is only one form of it. So long as players stay within a set guideline to ensure everyone has fun, this should work out and I may even start my own RP!

• Options
    It appears I joined the community at a good time.  I look forward to participating.  I like your example @Kesarakk .
  • Options
    Does this thread continue somewhere? I'd like to get to know more about the characters our community comes up with
  • Options
    We definitely need to infiltrate some of the other discussion threads and sneak in a "come join us in the RP tavern and let your imagination run free" comment