Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Affordable Housing for average players

Hi there,

It would be great to have a Tavern as one of the first buildings in the town. The Tavernkeeper would be a good supply of news, quests and could rent a small room to every casual player at the upper stairs of the Tavern. These rooms could differ in price from basic till vip and the players could use these rooms als personal space and to deposit a specific amount of things.

Comments

• Options
    Image result for rent is too damn high
  • Options
    I think the only taverns inside towns will be NPC taverns. 
  • Options
    They haven't given firm details on what can be done with in-town non-instanced housing. I imagine there will be options for various functions. Make access public or private. Add npcs similar to the freehold. Put up personalized signage. Until they definitively state no one knows. So could you run a flophouse? Sure.
  • Options
    Oh yes a flophouse, and will it come with the very large cockroaches too? The INN Keep quest, save him from the human sized roaches. lol
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    No longer will 90% of the housing equity be owned by the top 10% of the top 1% of the... You get it
  • Options
    No longer will 90% of the housing equity be owned by the to 10% of the top 1% of the... You get it
    I support limitations
  • Options
    You can own 1 of each type of housing and no more and for freeholds I would imagine you may need your plans and materials ready to go before you will be able to claim any land, thus there should be no land rushes. 

There is so much about housing we simply do not know at this stage am looking forward to hearing more.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Varkun said:
    You can own 1 of each type of housing and no more and for freeholds I would imagine you may need your plans and materials ready to go before you will be able to claim any land, thus there should be no land rushes. 

There is so much about housing we simply do not know at this stage am looking forward to hearing more.
    There has actually quite a bit said about housing and how there is no "land rush."
    Freeholds are able to be placed once a node has reached level 3. This takes from what rough estimates have been mentioned a few days. We will know more of course once testing starts. Since it is node locked for placement, no one will know for sure when housing will become available to be placed. They have said that people will not know exactly when a node is going to transition. People will of course scout out the "best" spot for what they are trying to accomplish and have to camp out to try and get it once a node "pops." Nodes at such a low level are sure to come under siege more than once, thus leaving the housing vulnerable in the case of a loss. Not all nodes and all areas are going to "unlock" housing placement at the same time and once claimed there is no permanence to anything if it is not actively defended. The tax rate of the individual node is also going to be a factor. Taxes and upkeep on freeholds will need to be paid whether online or off. For those that lapse there is a mechanic in place to remove their stuff. The games of the past where you had ghost towns of inactive player housing is being addressed and they have promised a fair but timely solution. There are a few livestreams out there that they touch on this, and I will do my normal Discord quote drop.

For those that are going to "But, but, but, the headstart people will be able to land grab!!"

We are 5 weeks out from Alpha 0, while I don't expect them to focus on it, and since we will be under NDA so unless you are in it you won't get told unless IS talks about it,  we probably won't see housing being available or tested in Alpha 0. I don't know of course, but since it is a 3 node area, with one being capped at level 3 and the other two at level 2 we may see some in town housing become available during the test, but I would be really surprised if they do allow it. Hell, the artwork mock ups that have been promised for the KS stuff aren't even available yet for those still deciding whether to buy Summer addons.
  • Options
    @Fooshyy How DARE you! /s
  • Options
    if you start off at the start of the node, you may be able to get it cheaper than buying a new one in a level 5 node. you just pay for time really 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    if you start off at the start of the node, you may be able to get it cheaper than buying a new one in a level 5 node. you just pay for time really 
    Premium prices for higher end developments!