Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Your Tailoring wish list

This might be one of those skill sets that might not get a lot of love. I hope it does, cause it only helps with role playing. That being said. What types of outfits would you like to see available in AoC? I for one thing their should be wedding clothes? Why? I my time in the MMO world, I have come across a few weddings or two. This is only an added touch to any great game IMO. Oh and a few in game plays too, those were fun to do.

Comments

• Options
    I would like to see racial influence over tailoring (aswell as seasons/regional influences). Bit of a fashion junky in games. The more variety the better.

p.s IF you can tailor wedding outfits then I really hope there is more than one type. I hate having the same bride appearance as everyone else!
  • Options
    Reading this I think back to my question that was answered during one of the livestreams. I asked if they would be providing a way to instance events like in-game weddings and funerals so people could keep out those planning to grief/disrupt. The answer was basically, not important to them, they don't think that there will be enough of them for it to be an issue. I have seen several weddings over the course of my mmo lifetime. My recommendation is make the dresses red, to cover up the blood. Red Wedding re-enacts are coming. It is almost guaranteed that a small subset of people who want to watch the world burn are coming uninvited now. Probably the most famous incident is this in-game funeral for someone who had died IRL. Here is a recap video with background for those that don't know about it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEpv7YxnLCQ

• Options
    I would like to see master tailors make magical items. Like a Mages rode of power.
  • Options
    Diura said:
    I would like to see racial influence over tailoring (aswell as seasons/regional influences). Bit of a fashion junky in games. The more variety the better.

p.s IF you can tailor wedding outfits then I really hope there is more than one type. I hate having the same bride appearance as everyone else!
    the bride who does not get her way is call frogzilla
  • Options
    Sexy but classy, with a touch of mystique.
    This is the style I would love to see in Ashes.

• Options
    for me, it has to be something like this

p.s that's me before I became boney ^^
  • Options
    Reading this I think back to my question that was answered during one of the livestreams. I asked if they would be providing a way to instance events like in-game weddings and funerals so people could keep out those planning to grief/disrupt. The answer was basically, not important to them, they don't think that there will be enough of them for it to be an issue. I have seen several weddings over the course of my mmo lifetime. My recommendation is make the dresses red, to cover up the blood. Red Wedding re-enacts are coming. It is almost guaranteed that a small subset of people who want to watch the world burn are coming uninvited now. Probably the most famous incident is this in-game funeral for someone who had died IRL. Here is a recap video with background for those that don't know about it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEpv7YxnLCQ

Ugh I remember that happening and seeing it posted when it first went down. That’s just terrible ): maybe AoC weddings/funerals can hire mercenaries to keep unwanted griefers out :open_mouth:
  • Options
    A Tailoring wish list eh?  well, I can throw out some various things flitting through my mind, many of which will no doubt be silly :D
    • Ability to add reagents to the crafting process to create specific aesthetic effects, such as adding a gem to create a specific sparkle effect, or a dye to set the color.  
    • Ability to modify or improve the stats on clothing to a reasonable extent, either changing the stat blocks or offering a sort of *custom tailoring* to improve the stats when worn by the person commissioning the tailoring, or perhaps an upgrade system to boost quality on an item using rarer cloth, thread, etc.
    • Standard bag crafting, as well as additional holsters, bandoleers, or other quick use containers that provide some sort of buff or specific storage
    • Some sort of quick fix mechanic, perhaps being able to create patch kits field repairs by tailors or non-tailors and/or ability to perform field repairs to clothing to reduce wear or repair damaged clothing.
    • combat consumables has potential, either patch kits mentioned above or nets, tripwires, rope, etc.  Limited use items to provide utility on the battlefield.
    • Hats of all shapes, sizes, and levels of rediculousness ;D
    • Scabbard Cozies.  Who doesnt want to give their scabbards a fancy flair
    • Would be interesting to have decorative items that attach to locations independent of equipment slots, things like ribbons, ties, tassles, string, decorative patches, etc.
    • Bandages i'm sure will be thrown in there somewhere, seems an MMO staple by now
  • Options
    @chocmerc some really nice ideas in your post, would be nice to see some of them implemented great food for thought.
  • Options
    @Varkun. You even liked the idea of sword cozies?  :D
  • Options
    chocmerc said:
    @Varkun. You even liked the idea of sword cozies?  :D

I did actually because it would give flavour to your character so there would be another point of difference to other characters around you, and its nice to be distinct from others through the gear choices we make. More choice is a good thing.