Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Caravan Mechanics?

I was curious if they've explained in any more detail how caravans will be generated/built.

What I've seen so far is what look like system generated caravans which deploy from some location in an existing settlement. Will there not be the possibility for players to own persistent caravans? Will there be a market for building or repairing wagons? Will there be a market for draft animals? Or will players simply enter what they want transported and the system does the rest?

What is your ideal vision of the caravan system?

Comments

• Options

Suhnaye said:
    Will there not be the possibility for players to own persistent caravans?
    Not yet.
    Will there be a market for building or repairing wagons?
    Not directly. However, it's confirmed that you can craft certain items that will improve a caravan (e.g. wheels, lanterns, tops).
    Will there be a market for draft animals? Or will players simply enter what they want transported and the system does the rest?
    I'm not sure about this part, but as far as I know, players can "commision" the transport of certain goods. I'm not sure if this is limited to the mayor of the city, or open to other parties as well.
  • Options
    I was under the impression players could build caravans to different specs having to rely on other craftsmen for some parts.

I don't know if the caravan disappears forever once the route is completed or if you can continue to use caravans as long as they are not destroyed during a raid.

I thought caravans spawned at your shop/freehold/home.
  • Options
    It has been confirmed that components such as wheels etc can be crafted for caravans so I would imagine many other components will also be crafted. I honestly can not see why the whole wagon should not be crafted and owned by a player if they desire. There have been screen shots of the freeholds that show wagons with logs stacked in them, do these wagons belong to the freehold owner?

If you can own a wagon or up to 3 wagons as has been seen numerous times, you would also be able to own the draft teams to pull them and those draft animals could no doubt have their stats changed/boosted through animal husbandry and cross breeding. Then there is the harness possible barding to make mounts more resistant to damage, how about the possibility of enchanting wagons or wagon components.

How about a teamster who does nothing but run their own caravan you pay them to transport your goods, they have invested in their wagons and draft animals making them harder to stop than the stock standard caravan.
  • Options
    I hope the DevTeam gives the caravans a lot of attention. Maybe as guild you can own a caravan or build caravanstations for security. Or missions to safeguard caravans. I think there might be Guilds who specialize in caravan trade.
  • Options
    I love the idea of building caravans even if you cant build it all being able to customise the ride would be cool build armor for it as well as wheels ect.
  • Options
    Apart from the fact that there will be guard missions I'm not sure, but it would be great if things like landslides could happen so the caravan needs to choose it's timing or risk getting buried.
  • Options
    Well I know there will be certain people that just want to pick bard to sit on a caravan and play songs.
  • Options