Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alcohol/ Tobacco

Not talking about random smoking npcs or people drinking in a tavern. I mean can alcohol and tobacco be actual resources. They could be a huge part of the economy. And maybe alcohol can only be produced by an alchemist by profession or something

Comments

• Options
    Not sure about tobacco but I can see alcohol being in the game otherwise the dwarves will die of thirst
  • Options
    Haha totally true Nagash, I have a feeling beers and lagers, ales and mead will all be there and available from taverns and other vendors. To have them give benefits would be interesting, I.E. a food buff.
  • Options
    I would imagine brewing could be counted under the area of cooking and drinks should provide some sort of buff depending on what it is. Though they should have more mundane uses or be ingredients for other recipe.
  • Options
    It would be nice to be a brewer and be able to name your own brews!
  • Options
    Yes, and there are brewing ingredients throughout the world in places. And with these brewing ingredients after you make your brew you get extra stats .
  • Options
    If you allow ppl to start naming their own brews your gonna have some pretty creative names floating around. 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Not sure about tobacco but I can see alcohol being in the game otherwise the dwarves will die of thirst

• Options
    Mrgolde said:
    If you allow ppl to start naming their own brews your gonna have some pretty creative names floating around. 
    Crass ones to be sure but if I could name one, I think one of them would definitely have to be something like "Steve's Homemade Lager" -Crafted with care, Dev approved.