Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Would you Pay to play on a PTS?

Something I think would be cool to see possibly in the future is a super private test server. This server would act as a live testing ground for Intrepid to push game updates to. I was even thinking a select bunch of people that would be willing to TEST stuff properly for the fun of it. 

My Question is~ would you pay a monthly subscription if Intrepid had a small PTS for Ashes of Creation? Specifically $15 or more?

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm, basically an Early Access. Well, personally I wouldn't. I feel that there would be too much to worry about. If they did this, they'd effectively be launching their game and would have to worry about the complaints and bugs and hacks that would surely abound. It's better for them to give us a planned out, player limited Alpha to serve as their tests on the game. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Considering you gotta pay $15 (the sub u play for the main game) to access the future regular PTS server, whats the difference? 

I'd personally like to see the "premium rate" server come back from EQ1 that was quite popular. You got access to a server with super active GM's that operated ingame events on a regular basis. Interesting concept, not sure it ever really took off beyond EQ1 though
  • Options
    ALPHA 2 (Persistent Alpha) server will serve as the test server post launch.
  • Options
    Alot of hardcore guilds in MMOs use the PTR to learn and practice content in hopes of having a huge advantage at release.

By doing so these guilds really test and root around in the mechanics of stuff. A good number of bugs or balance issues are found this way.

Would this continue if these guilds had to pay? Maybe. They are the hardcores after all. But is it going to benefit anything to make the PTR more exclusive?

I don't think so. At least not significantly. 
  • Options
    I would not pay, whats the point then for those ppl you dropped a bunch of money on their kickstarter to get early access if you can just pay later to get it.
  • Options
    I don't know. It seems like players would use the server with alts and then switch back to their regular when it was released but with a head start on how quest and so forth works. Would that make it a P2W server if you were able to switch back to a character on another server and effectively know how everything plays out?