Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Why do you watch Let's Play videos?

I'm thinking of making an Ashes of Creation channel on the YouTube and I want to know what you like. Why do you watch Let's Play videos?

Comments

• Options
    i watch them for more than one of those reasons, also i had the same idea of starting a channel soon as i stack some cash for a key and get an upgraded PC.If you would like to collaborate im more than willing, why hog views when we can both benefit and put more substance into videos rather than spreading ourselves thin by trying to cater to many audiences on our own. PM me if youre interested.
  • Options
    if the creator of the videos grabs my attention and keeps me entertained then that's all I need
  • Options
    I do like cleavage. Any size.

But I watch the videos mostly due to wanting to see the games that I do not have, also to see how other people play, or just because I'm bored and there is nothing better to do.
  • Options
    I like to watch games that I don't own and try to make a decision weather I would buy them or not. Usually I end up watching them and not buying them. Skyrim is a good example of that.
  • Options
    If the game is out then it is to gain an idea of what game play is like etc, help me decide if it is worth my time. If like ashes and is in development and I like what I see, will devour all information I can find as I am doing now with ashes. Once a game is out will be far too busy playing to bother with watching youtube or such, though will from time to time follow any hot topics that may come up, plus class discussions they can give some good insights.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Column A, column B with me
    I like people with a good personality who can show off games without making it all about them. Like ChipCheezum or Supergreatfriend. They actually do the "let's play" part of a let's play and make it feel like they're showing you the game, they even add background info and go out of their way to show off easter eggs. What I don't like are people like Markiplier who just make themselves the focus of the entire thing and the game comes second.

Haven't really seen a good LP channel for an MMO but I'd check it out to see if it's good.
  • Options
    I watched both of those youtubers last night @Isabelle. I like them too. 
  • Options
    I like watching Lets Plays for games I do not own or do not personally have time to play. :) 
  • Options
    Ooh yay glad you like them @sunfrog  :)
  • Options
    Meh
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I watch them play games I don't own.

A lot of your options don't make sense, "I want to show my cleavage"? 

It doesn't seem like a very well thought out poll. I'd consider revising, seeing as how some of our special snowflakes might get offended at your attempt at a joke.
    Image result for gem png
  • Options
    Jewel said:
    I watch them play games I don't own.

It doesn't seem like a very well thought out poll. I'd consider revising, seeing as how some of our special snowflakes might get offended at your attempt at a joke.
    Image result for gem png
    If there are any snowflakes in this community, they should get out now. Myself and several others will make sure to crush all those who want to ruin this game. Snowflakes NEVER do any good for society and deserve to be tormented by the groups they think need to be tormented.

I am a avid dark souls player and I will make sure those snowflakes suffer if they pop up in my game. You have been warned.

On that note all who "live and let live" need not worry about me, because we will get along like normal human beings.
  • Options
    Jewel said:
    I realized that after I made the poll. Sorry, I can't think straight when I think of cleavage. I should replace that with.. uh. uhm...  (Sorry, thinking about cleavage again) What was I saying? ??
    Jewel said:
    On that note all who "live and let live" need not worry about me, because we will get along like normal human beings.
    Live and let live is a snowflake motto. I think you secretly want to sing Kumbaya with us. 
    You can. It's alright. Bring it in for a group hug buddy. It's okay, it's okay. Bring it in. :)
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    Jewel said:
    Live and let live is a snowflake motto. I think you secretly want to sing Kumbaya with us. 
    You can. It's alright. Bring it in for a group hug buddy. It's okay, it's okay. Bring it in. :)
    Have you been living under a rock?

"It's okay to be white." Recognize this? SJWs and snowflakes call that racist and interfere with others lives because they think that they are above everyone else. I have unfortunately spoken with a few of them because I thought they couldn't be THAT bad, but they are. They are not trolls, they are dead serious about their so called movement.

With this fact staring you in the face can you seriously say they "live and let live"?
  • Options
    I like to have something in the background during my grind time. Music gets repeatable (like the grind *cough* sorry quests I'm doing) and Let's Plays are really entertaining.
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    Jewel said:
    Have you been living under a rock?

"It's okay to be white." Recognize this? SJWs and snowflakes call that racist and interfere with others lives because they think that they are above everyone else. I have unfortunately spoken with a few of them because I thought they couldn't be THAT bad, but they are. They are not trolls, they are dead serious about their so called movement.

With this fact staring you in the face can you seriously say they "live and let live"?

• Options
    edited November 2017
    DON'T JUDGE ME!

Every guy wishes they could be a woman for a day, 'tis natural k?
    *Onyx makes 'squishy' 'squishy' emote in the air!*

On-topic though, I don't really watch much YouTube anymore, let alone something like a lets play, YT is dying for me, I mostly only stick around with creators that don't shove "SUBSCRIBE!" down my throat, I mean, I'm a guy, don't like 'nuttin shoved in my throat.

I prefer twitch regarding game-play now, at least I can interact with the person, but you should still give it a go if you wish to do so, there is still a market for it, if not saturated, but with AoC being new you have a great opportunity, I say take it.

P.s. ignore my terrible humour, I'm British.. that is my excuse, get over it.

- EDIT: Just noticed it no longer says what I voted for on my comment itself, for reference I voted for "I like showing my cleavage".
  • Options
    Relwoh said:
    I like to watch games that I don't own and try to make a decision weather I would buy them or not. Usually I end up watching them and not buying them. Skyrim is a good example of that.
    This.
  • Options
    I couldn't vote because I don't watch lets play videos. :/
  • Options
    One word. Boobs. :neutral: