Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What's your favorite thing to mount?

I'm happy I purchased the Cursed Stallion but I'm having regrets. Horses are pretty dull compared to all the other exotic things you can ride in this game. What's your favorite thing to mount? (Not my mom)

I forgot insect.

Comments

• It really depends on the look and style of the mount, but I’m personally in favor of a horse (about as traditional and boring as one can get haha) but my first mount in my first mmo was a horse so it has nostalgia for me :)

• Amphibians 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017

You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals
    So let's do it like they do it on Discovery channel
  • I want to ride a horse and nothing else
  • I like bear mounts, just love the look of them and their lumbering gait.
  • I'll take the dragon. :)
  • I think I'd get banned if I answered that question :P
  • I forgot insects and amphibians. 
  • Here is a mount for you. Blaster. aka Master Blaster. lol

• I don't care for the notion that horses are "normal/dull/boring", I'd prefer a horse to get me places faster anyday over anything else.
  • I'm ok with a busted up cart
  • depands on my class and appearence tbh.
  • Because I don't see them too much (or I just don't play the right game) maybe one of the personal chariot type things. Could have whatever type of animal pulling it and a fancy cart behind with me on it.
    edited November 2017
    I do like horses but if I could play a druid or ranger I would choose a wolf.
  • The only thing that's weird to see on occasion is a snail mount moving same speed as horse (or faster if he has higher level).

Verra is a land filled with magic though, so I guess anything is possible...
  • Reptiles because I think they will look the coolest. And plus it would be awesome to be able to ride a dragon.
  • Birds are really cool and they often look really majestic. Even if they might not be able to fly, they still tend to look cool.
  • I said fungus, but what I really like to ride are zombie creatures that are terrifying to look at. Figured a fungus was second best.
  • Must. Resist. Set up....

Don't say OP's mom. Don't say OP's mom.

Seriously though, give me something fantasy related! Like a horse-bird.
    edited November 2017
    Karthos said:
    Must. Resist. Set up....

Don't say OP's mom. Don't say OP's mom.

Seriously though, give me something fantasy related! Like a horse-bird.
    Lol, you and me had the same initial thought process.
    edited November 2017
    Nelirya said:
    I don't care for the notion that horses are "normal/dull/boring", I'd prefer a horse to get me places faster anyday over anything else.
    I like @Diura's frog mount but then I thought about it some more. An amphibian mount would be able to travel between land and water easily. So what about a flying amphibian like a water dragon but smaller like a velociraptor. But then I thought, flying monkey amphibian so it could climb trees too. But then I thought, flying monkey goat amphibian so it could rock climb too! 
  • With the last option, this thread could have gone a very bad direction. With that said, any thing that gets you around, has good aesthetics and good animations is well worth riding. My biggest concern is not what it is, but how it looks and how rare it is. It's always nice to have people spam you with questions about where you got your one of a kind mount.
  • This is Orville from Tera. So fun to ride upon his red hot bodeh.

edited November 2017
    Am I the only one with the dirty thoughts?

Mammal, preferably alive.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/DPVa8tym6lGus/giphy.gif

^^^^
    My favourite thing to mount 🙈
  • Wolf, specifically.
  • Ariatras said:
    Am I the only one with the dirty thoughts?

Mammal, preferably alive.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/DPVa8tym6lGus/giphy.gif

^^^^
    My favourite thing to mount 🙈
    You are not :p 
  • I'd like to have a tiger or a lion. Well you could guess that by the cat pic <3
  • Other's player characters  :o
  • Maybe a really fast Gecko lizard..
    Or a dragon..
    Or the speediest turtle you've ever seen!