Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tavern and questboard ...

Hello what do you think over the quest board in the tavern in rellation to other freeholds... I mean  is this fair that tavern owners can make quests to get material for the tavern and other freehold like a farm cant do this ? 

Comments

• Options
    Is it fair for some people to be able to smelt ore while others cannot because of their choices on what they build in their limited slots? It all comes down to choice, if you want one thing, you are going to have to give up others. Since you are going to have one account wide freehold even if you make alts and spread your crafting around, you will still be having to cut deals with others around you to use their built assets. Until we see the functionality of the quest boards it is all just speculation. Maybe you will be able to pop over to a neighboring tavern, post a quest that provides materials to your freehold? Just like the bulletin boards in town, people will be able to place LFG and other grouping requests and such on these boards. Since housing is most likely not going to be a thing in Alpha 0 since only a single node of the three will be able to progress to level 3, we won't have any concrete details for several months, till probably Alpha 1 when they plan to have most systems in place even if in just a basic fashion.
  • Options
    It may very well be possible to pay a fee for the tavern keeper to place a message for you, could even give instructions where to deliver them. With taverns built on freeholds they will become hubs for the locals almost like small towns in a way. 
  • Options
    I reread it but can't find out. Who owns a tavern? Can there be more then one in a town? Can you place one on a popular route away from the town?
  • Options
    MrWaffles said:
    I reread it but can't find out. Who owns a tavern? Can there be more then one in a town? Can you place one on a popular route away from the town?
    Taverns can be built on freeholds which are plots of land owned by players. I believe the idea is you could get a freehold near a popular zone and build a tavern but i don't think i have heard those exact words. 

I think the system is fair but these boards will become useless if we don't have enough people using them. I'm worried that the cost to post stuff will drive people away. I've see people in other games use third parties when the game doesn't provide a convenient way to trade and i could see the same thing happening here.

I'm guessing the advantage here for the buyer is you can give out quests for bulk and the advantage for the "seller/gatherer" is a guaranteed sell. Maybe because of the limitations of the bag system and localized banks, the cost will be worth it.  
  • Options
    I'm guessing the advantage here for the buyer is you can give out quests for bulk and the advantage for the "seller/gatherer" is a guaranteed sell. Maybe because of the limitations of the bag system and localized banks, the cost will be worth it.  

So if you had collect 100 bunny tails and get paid 10 chicken nuggets the poster would have to have 10 nuggets already and it would be taken out of their inventory? Then when the quest is completed the completer get money right then and their, but if the poster cancels quest they get their nuggets back?

ps i used nuggets since i don't know what currency AOC uses and didn't want to assume the gold/silver/bronze system. Also I'm currently hungry for chicken nugget  B)