Will we see solo carts down the road?
I get that we will need caravans. In my mind there should be different levels of a caravan, poorly funded to high priced. And to that it will show the value of what it's carrying.
But I keep thinking, will we see one man carts too at some point? It's not a caravan, but would let you move your items, but only as one cart. Maybe it's something for NPCs only, but I feel it would add a level to the system.
How about this idea:
1. solo cart without escort high risk
2. solo cart with escort mid-high risk
3. two carts without escort high risk
4. two carts with light escort slight risk
5. two carts with heavy escort low risk
6. three carts max with light escort slight risk
7. three carts max with heavy escort low risk
This would still work with the caravan idea, just fleshing it out more.
NPC Escorts would very on what you want to pay, and who you want to guard the load. Mages to bowmen, and a few fighters in between. The better the protection you want, the high the price of the guards.
But another question: will caravans be under auto or manual control, and will we get that option?