Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

With all this talk about travel..

If its possible to stay and flourish in your 'home' node will you stay in the place of your birth or will you submit to the wanderlust and move/adventure out? I know most people will definitely explore outside of their node some but this is more speific. No matter how well built the game is i dont see many people being content with only questing, gathering, crafting, farming or exploring one singe node, thats just ridiculous.

Comments

• I'll explore if needed, but my main focus will be centered around a node in which I'll set up my infrastructure.

Everywhere is nowhere.
  • I'll definitely explore. I don't believe there are many who wouldn't. But I'd always come back to my home node, where my efforts have made a difference.
  • that actually raises a question i hadnt thought about until now. what if people invade your home node and decide youre no longer welcome? i dont see it being possible to raze or burn someones house/property down and actually commit such acts of war but it wouldnt be fun being hunted the moment you step out of your door either.
  • I will only stay long enough to quest amd do dungeons, but after that I am off to explore new lands! That is, until my guild calls me back to defend or help build whatever node that choose to be apart of...
  • I'll stick with one node (as long as possible/it not being burned down by @Chubaka :tongue: ), until it's developed far enough to reveal some cool events, dungeons etc. Eventually, this will be the node that will bring me and my friends to max level, eventually not. However, I'm sure we'll search for some action outside the node territory as well! :smile:
  • Chubaka said:
    that actually raises a question i hadnt thought about until now. what if people invade your home node and decide youre no longer welcome? i dont see it being possible to raze or burn someones house/property down and actually commit such acts of war but it wouldnt be fun being hunted the moment you step out of your door either.
    If your node is destroyed or loses a siege, yes someone can come and burn your freehold down.

The good news is the freehold is pack and carry so if it is destroyed its in your bag ready to be put down again.
  • I will go do my fare share of exploring but I will be there to help build my home node and defend it.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Jahlon said:
    Chubaka said:
    that actually raises a question i hadnt thought about until now. what if people invade your home node and decide youre no longer welcome? i dont see it being possible to raze or burn someones house/property down and actually commit such acts of war but it wouldnt be fun being hunted the moment you step out of your door either.
    If your node is destroyed or loses a siege, yes someone can come and burn your freehold down.

The good news is the freehold is pack and carry so if it is destroyed its in your bag ready to be put down again.
    well lets hope not too many people are of similar mindset with saruman eh? might come home to find the shire all mucked up. Also im glad to see theres no votes for option 1, i just recently tried to play AA and have even more recently quit pllaying due to the PvE content being made obsolete to farming and basically staying by your house/farm except to transport packs. Its sad to see an MMO become a 3D really intricate version of harvest moon.
  • I'll go wherever PvP action is going on.
    edited November 2017
    Gothix said:
    I'll go wherever PvP action is going on.
    Traveling mercenary? Just dont summon demons that do wierd tentacle stuff to kafka eh? (<- if thats too graphic for the forums by bad) lolol :p 
  • YES! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! RUINED THE VOTE!

So on a serious note I am just kinda lazy tbh. I will probably just become a mercenary later down the road and hunt the red ones for my loot and listen to their screams as they die and lose gear. I will most likely stay loyal to one specific guild or alliance for the entire game as well.

I am pretty stagnant :smiley:

• Hey there has to be someone to vote for the first choice man, just glad its not an overwhelming percentage.
  • I try to break the world wherever I go, I venture to explore the land and the story behind it, and usually under it too. 
    edited November 2017
    Duninn said:
    I try to break the world wherever I go, I venture to explore the land and the story behind it, and usually under it too. 
    Well i wanted to post a gif but for some reason it wont show... either way.

Caaan you DIIIIIIIIIIIG IIIIIIIT!!!!
  • It usually takes me forever to finally decide to build a place to store stuff and grow. This time around though I am looking forward to staking out a nice spot in town and hopefully seeing that town grow to a metropolis. Although after a few months a siege would be nice just to encourage me to keep exploring! :wink:
  • Nae real sturdy Dwarf should leave the mountains for too long unless it's to protect said mountain!
  • For me it depends on whether I have an active guild to play with, if I enjoy crafting, and if the modes are significantly different. 
    edited November 2017
    I have a real problem with the idea that if you are doing things outside your node you are basically working against it (because you are not helping the node).

In reality, if you can accomplish EVERYTHING inside your own node, then this severely limits each persons 'personal world' and would seem to work against the general system concept overall. There should be remote dungeons, rare resources and the like that should require world travel. This may not directly contribute to one's node but if you can bring back a certain rare mineral that allows you to forge tougher armor/weapons that in turn allows others in your node to complete harder dungeons, are you not contributing in the grand scheme of things after all?

The Devs have also specifically said that they WANT you to explore the world, are encouraging it and are going to reward those pathfinders and trailblazers.

• You are always contributing to a node, it just might not be the one you have citizenship in. If players choose to not venture out of their node to do all the things they like to do, then that's fine. They can purchase more rare/unique materials, or materials another node has access to, from caravans and travelers.
  • Its difficult to say at the moment. I will probably explore but stay with where I have setup. Unless the place gets leveled in an attack.
  • I kinda would like to find a place I like so much, so I don't want to go away.
    Yet to define this place.. I have to see all places and get as many experience as possible.
  • Ribenji said:
    I kinda would like to find a place I like so much, so I don't want to go away.
    Yet to define this place.. I have to see all places and get as many experience as possible.
    what he said ! my mind would always lure me to other places i guess xD
  • I would want to more or less actually have a home node, but I don't just want to see one node and disregard the rest of the game. So obviously I'd also travel around.
  • question: if you f.e. leave your node for a bit will this affect it ? like if you go exploring other nodes and lands?
  • I will only leave my node to honor and gather resources.  I’m deticating all my time, at least for a while, to gathering and crafting. 
    edited November 2017
     The unbeaten path calls to me too! Towards the horizon!I bet people would go where the loot is, there's going to be those explorer guilds that are so into uncovering lore and dungeons, that they would try to level as many nodes as possible! If possible.. Eventually there would be guilds that are going to advertise about this kind of game-play. They want people in their guilds either to leave their homes and bring the riches from other nodes and dungeons to their home node. Remember, so far most everything in the game is not bind on pickup or equip, so you can sell everything! If there is a node metropolis out there, you bet people are going to explore that node and do possible high level content. And seeing that dungeons are going to be explorable in the open world, there will be a competitive nature on who is going to explore and claim the riches. SO explorers have to be ready to PVP too!
  • I'm going to definitely enjoy clearing dungeons and exploring various places for PvE or gathering, but I'm mainly going to be sticking with crafting for my guild as a profession. SO MORE EXPLORING AND PvE!!! I'll be coming back to my home node of course. Just prefer to be outside of it a lot. I also think that being PK-able in open world dungeons just adds to the excitement.
  • Not sure nomadic life sounds interesting but so does sticking around too... glad I can have more then one character :p
  • Can't imagine leaving something UNexplored.