Node Development Aesthetic

How awesome would it be to be able to dictate the aesthetic of the city as it levels up? We know one of the themes is a more middle eastern/egyptian look from one of the screenshots. What if they just created a multitude of cultural designs and let you vote on which aesthetic the city takes as it levels? What if the conquering guild could choose or even change its aesthetic through some kind of guild based quest chain or activity?

Comments

• So I have two different opinions, one to lock it/to make it random. 

Making it random would make every server even more unique and interesting, but that requires more effort. 

Whereas if all nodes are set, it'd be easier for the Dev's yet, players would begin mapping out the nodes on the forums and are able to pinpoint which one is which.
  • Jewel said:
    Making it random would make every server even more unique and interesting, but that requires more effort. 
    I didn't even think of that part of it, good point. 

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Jewel said:
    I didn't even think of that part of it, good point. 

I think the voting concept is an interesting idea, but not necessarily plausible. Say the majority votes economic, for those that wanted military or other, they would most likely leave.

Which leaves the nodes leveling too slow, the same instance can be applied to "random" concept as well.
    But you would only have to level it to level one to unveil what it actually is. As opposed to leveling it to level three which could take days.
    Image result for gem png
  • Jewel said:

I think the voting concept is an interesting idea, but not necessarily plausible. Say the majority votes economic, for those that wanted military or other, they would most likely leave. 
    So I was referring more to the look of the city as it progresses, not the specific kind of node. So regardless of military/scientific/etc., you could vote on whatever cultural theme you wanted for the city to look like. It would not change the function of that city. 
  • I thought the look of the building within the main town/city was based on the percentage of the races therein. The race with the greatest population in the node would govern the look of the buildings and the style of your metropolis. Each subrace has a distinct style, that will carry across buildings, armour, weapons, clothing etc.

I would imagine there may be some variation according to the type of climate the node has, tropical, arid, forested, snow covered etc.

• @Varkun you are correct. Node architecture will be based off of which race contributes the most to that nodes development. What they have not clarified is what happens if Elves push the development to level 3, then Orcs are dominant for 4, and Dwarves come from behind for level 5, will you end up with a mix of styles or will the template swap. So you buy in-node housing that is Elvish, node pops to 4 and it changes to Orcish? Doesn't make sense really. So most likely in the above example you will see the initial people at level 3 with elvish one room homes, then people with elvish townhouses at level 4 with orcish one room homes now available for purchase, and at level 5 you would see people with elvish manor homes, orcish townhouses, and dwarven one room homes. Same with optional structures that the node mayor decides to build, at each phase he will have a certain racial template that building the library will turn out. The quote below was from before the KS, so you can change 8 to 9 since the Tulnar have been added. Which would be really cool if they become a popular choice and you see underground architecture being used on above ground nodes.

• i think its too Soon [TM]
  • It would be easier to identify what type of city it was from a distance if all city types looked the same.
  • Node design should still be generally restricted to what it is, military vs scientific for example.

However, if players could vote to minor tweaks to the design (will barricade in military node have wooden or metal spikes on it, but still be a barricade) that would be ok.