Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Caravan mechanics

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited November 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
1. Can caravans be attacked by a pack of monsters. Would be kinda cool i people werent the only threat.
2. Does the time of day we attack a caravan matter? as in would it be easier to attack a caravan at night than say during the day. Maybe something like reduced hired npc guard defense at night but nothing to significant that players are discouraged from sending out caravans at night.
3. Can there be times when caravans stop to take a break and if there are, can they be attacked during that time frame?

Comments

• Options
    Pack of monsters, there has been no hint if this can be the case, could be possible if there is a point where the caravan is no longer under threat from attack from other players.

If you are paying npc guards I would imagine there will be there day or night, you pay them they will be there. Travelling at night may make it harder to see attackers who might be lurking off the path, would depend how dark the night is.

As for caravans taking a break, this is another piece of information we don't yet have, though personally its not something I would want my caravan to be sitting around, it's enough of a risk just being on the road. How you actually capture a caravan is something we don't know yet is it simply killing all of the defenders, most likely, or do the wagons have to be destroyed instead or as well.