Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Inns

Can players own inns or not? Also will inns be just a place for eating and sleeping or can they be a place of drinking and music as well?

And lastly if Inns are not player owned, anyone wanna throw out names for inns the developers can use?
My names (yeah some are from fantasy books if youre wondering):
The Fool and Flagon
The winespring Inn
The Prancing Pony
The Waystone Inn
The Queens blessing
The Crown of Roses
The Honest Gambler
The Dancing Cartman
The Charging Boar
The Moonlight River

Comments

• As far as i'm aware. Taverns will be ownable - Players will be able to sell stuff. Bards will be able to play a roll. ~ Here's a nice post about Taverns. 

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/the-mighty-beard/

I assume so, i could get you some source info, but i'm a little busy.

Here's my rp for my tavern doe <3 

Welcome to the Pogostick Inn:tm:! Never leave hungry on an Adventure! Here you will find many Exotic delicacy's, ranging from Honey Barq'd ribs, to the simplists Ham Sandwich. ~ We also provide in-house entertainment from our 12 year old Elven Bo- *cough* beauty's! .. To our Drunked bard that plays tunes from all over Verra! Tired of losing to rigged in-game cash shop mechanics? Come play our 50/50 coin flip.  This Tulnar swears on his life, just don't rig the game, or you'll be dead meat.  So what are you waiting for? Come get yourself some Mead.  Sit down. Have a glass of Ale' on us! (Restrictions may apply)  West of Belta, by the gate enterance! 
  • I believe that they have stated that players will be able to name their inns. With the caveat of a report feature for offensive names. The same will go for mounts and pets that other players can see the name of. Nodes/Cities will NOT be player named. Here are their quotes as to why.

• The mighty beard gives a good account of what a tavern will be like and what to expect, well worth reading. I like the idea of being able to name your inn along with mounts and pets, did not know this, nice touch.  
  • I believe that they have stated that players will be able to name their inns. With the caveat of a report feature for offensive names. The same will go for mounts and pets that other players can see the name of. Nodes/Cities will NOT be player named. Here are their quotes as to why.

I dont know why but for steven to specificaly mention such names really made me laugh
  • Being able to Ins is nice glad that will be a thing.

Would be nice If we could customize our ins as well as the tavern logo. :)

Would be nice to go to very unique ins rather than just walking into the same looking tavern with same signs. 

Having the ability to craft / build certain custom appearances would be awesome.

Being able to customize the NPC as well as name them would be nice as well.

Would make Taverns much more fun to go to and to try out different ones if they had uniqueness to them.

• I don't see why the report feature can't extend to place names as well - if someone (person or guild) chooses to name their node the Free City of Penisex and it gets reported, they should simply lose the node entirely.