Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Greetings from PDX!

That's Portland, OR for those who don't know. Been poking around in various MMOs for quite a while now, and while I've been playing Guild Wars 2 for the past several years, my interest is starting to wane there (fueled in no small part by their recent lootcrate fiasco).

I'm hopeful that a move to a sub-based game will take away some of the more obnoxious microtransaction-y stuff that  has destroyed so many otherwise great games (looking at you, LotRO and SW:tOR). I'm also really fascinated by the node system, and while the PvP side of things is not normally my thing, I could see this being enough to drag me in; the objective-based nature of it seems similar to Warhammer Online, and I enjoyed that. At the end of the day though, I'm mostly a PvE guy; I hope that Ashes will allow PvE players to do their thing without getting griefed--that was another thing that Warhammer did well.

Comments