Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

We have a level 6 Metropolis, but here comes Godzilla! What now?

This is my guess on what will happen, I have no clue, but it's something we might see.

So after months of hard work, we finally gain a level 6 metropolis, but this triggers a world boss type monster. It could be a dragon, it could an army of Zombies, or heck even a Godzilla type monster.

How I see it, the monster coins people would have at this point would turn on, and we will be fighting player monsters 1st as a warm up, as the main event creature makes it's way to the city. Once the last few player monsters are taken out, the main world Boss is now at the gates, and it's game on to save the city.

We win all that help to beat it back gain a nice kick in stats and a chest of treasure.

If we fail, the city gets knocked down a level, maybe two, just depends on the amount of damage done.

So is this how you see it going down?

or

Do you see it happening a different way?

Lets hear your thoughts guys.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    You can fight world bosses before they reach a city.

Not sure but I don't think monster coins will be active during a world boss. I could be wrong.

World bosses can't de-level a node.
  • Options
    Ha. If a level 6 node that took me several weeks of dedication was suddenly challenged by a world boss... jeez, I would hope we had enough players at the time to defend it.
  • Options
    Elder said:
    You can fight world bosses before they reach a city.

Not sure but I don't think monster coins will be active during a world boss. I could be wrong.

Are you sure they can't drop it a level down if we don't win the fight? Would make it an all hands on deck to save it if that was the case.
  • Options
    Chudyie said:
    Ha. If a level 6 node that took me several weeks of dedication was suddenly challenged by a world boss... jeez, I would hope we had enough players at the time to defend it.

I am hoping like with a siege, we would get a warning of some kind, and give us a chance to defend it.
  • Options
    Elder said:
    They can.
  • Options
    Chudyie said:
    Elder said:
    They can.

That's what I thought too. See a fight that has real meaning, lose it, we get knocked back a level, but I hoe if we win, that reward better be a very good one.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Monster coin events are NOT player initiated, and you will have no control over where you end up during one. There will be a system message similar to <You feel the pull of corruption taking hold of your soul. Queue now>. If you have an appropriate coin, you would then be ported to the event as the monster, after the event ends, you would be ported back to your original form and location. There will be various levels and rarity of monster coins. How do we know? Because KS users get them as part of their packages as certain levels.
    They have said a couple times now that world bosses will affect nodes in various ways, through environmental effects, debuffs, and just plain old killing everything that gets near them. They have also said that world bosses will NOT delevel a node. So while certain city services may be affected, the boss itself would not cause the metropolis to drop down. Then again, we don't have confirmation of siege mechanics being unable to be initiated while under world boss attack. Would add extra pressure to that while organizing a world boss kill while the declaration preparation counter is ticking for 6 days (estimated) at the metro level siege.
    @Chudyie several weeks to level 5, several months to level 6, was the estimates they have put out. Unless they have their balance numbers off we probably won't even see our first metro in live for the first year. @lexmax should have better quote sources on that one.

Edit: Sorry for the format of the two posts below. Forums would not let me edit them after a copy/paste from Discord Answers.
  • Options
    I kind of hope the city damage we see is localized, not global. By this I mean I want monsters to destroy city walls and businesses, and only those places are affected. I don't want to see the whole city "level down" for a few destroyed walls. If a city was to be downgraded, the capital building in the middle would have to be destroyed IMO.

At the same time, keeping the damage localized makes the game that much more exciting! Think of it, after monster attacks, a rival army may rush into the weak point of the wall to attack. Likewise, we may see more guards and construction pop up in those areas, making the scenery dynamic. That would also make each server more unique, something I am greatly looking forward to. 
  • Options
    I'd just teach the monster about love and friendship. 
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @Chudyie They can't. Don't spread misinformation  ;)
  • Options
    -Could you explain on the monster coin system. Do you systems in place to prevent P2W from this. I have a fear of guilds buying these coins to gain monster levels on event and using them to weaken a nodes defense before a siege.
    <span>+The system is structured in a way to prevent from groups of people being able to collectively join an event. Furthermore, the monster coin system cannot "weaken" a node before a siege </span>
  • Options
    -On one of your recent stream, you mentioned that during events, monsters can attack and destroy buildings from a node. You mentioned aftermath is still being discussed of either deleveling a node or reducing it to level 1 or 0. For such an event, can  you confirm that if players are able to use monster coins to join in and attack during the event? If you are able to join in with monster coins and since it will be purchasable throught he cash shop, will this not become a P2W method because you and a bunch of other friends who can afford the monster coins can all join in on the attack and reduce a rival node's level? I've been hearing a lot of concerns about this and would like to know if you can give more details on how the monster coin system will work and when it can be used.
    <span>+ Currently the Monster Events only disable certain buildings and services within a node. As was mentioned earlier today in this channel, the monster coin events will make it very difficult for groups of players to coordinate their involvment in a single event.  Furthermore, I have not heard a lot of concern about our monster coin system, and feel that only a small number of people with a misunderstanding of how the system works are coordinating an effort to make the "appearence" of a concern in order to aid in attempting to change the system.. Which will not happen.  All of our systems will be tested over and over again in alpha/beta and I have said time and time again, there will be no p2w in Ashes</span>
  • Options
    If Godzilla attacks he would clearly with a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound pull the spitting high tension wires down.
  • Options
    @Elder

They even said in the kickstarter video, that a Dragon during a metropolis could destroy it, or at least it was implied, so going off this information that Jeff Bard said. It is most likely true that the a World Event or something can delevel a node or Metropolis. I Included the link its roughly around 4:30mins when that specific event was mentioned.  

Once again Pre-alpha, and pre-release ideas and concepts can change. But this is what the Dev's have stated
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vut1tIsfoww
  • Options
    Oops, my bad.
  • Options
    @gundel World bosses can hinder a node in many ways but never de-level it. The only thing that can de-level a node is a siege. I'm sure @UnknownSystemError can give you some reference material.
  • Options
    I would, but have come the the realization that playing whack-a-mole everyday trying to get good info out there to all the new people who just want to create an account, log on, and ask "Will there be separate PVE servers?" everyday without doing the legwork to find out info just isn't worth it. I had one last week who asked for references, linked some Discord quotes from Steven for him, then complained that the quotes said Today instead of the actual date. When I explained that it shows from when it was copied over and have no control over that, he expressed that somehow the info was false. So I just give info now if I have it easily tagged, no more spending time finding linked sources for people unless I know exactly where it is in the mess that is the wiki, forums, and Discord.
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError Well, I just want you to know I appreciate all the help and information you provided me. Cheers. Sure the rest of the community appreciates it as well.
  • Options
    Well I can't find the source either but I can back up what Elder said. Steven stated in one of the streams that monsters can never de level a node but some epic bosses will be able to destroy/disable certain services in a node if they are not defeated.
  • Options
    I would, but have come the the realization that playing whack-a-mole everyday trying to get good info out there to all the new people who just want to create an account, log on, and ask "Will there be separate PVE servers?" everyday without doing the legwork to find out info just isn't worth it. I had one last week who asked for references, linked some Discord quotes from Steven for him, then complained that the quotes said Today instead of the actual date. When I explained that it shows from when it was copied over and have no control over that, he expressed that somehow the info was false. So I just give info now if I have it easily tagged, no more spending time finding linked sources for people unless I know exactly where it is in the mess that is the wiki, forums, and Discord.

I can not blame you for that, there are so many who like you say create an account do no research and ask the same questions that was asked last week by someone else who created an account. Quite frankly this forum is lucky to have @UnknownSystemError who has taken the time to provide answers to such questions time and time again.

The more active members of this forum may not see eye to eye on every subject and I wouldn't expect them too but there needs to at least be an acceptance of another persons point of view. When quotes are presented from the dev's people need to accept that, especially when someone has gone to the trouble of finding it for them.

Off topic sorry. 

• Options
    fkaOak said:
    Well I can't find the source either but I can back up what Elder said. Steven stated in one of the streams that monsters can never de level a node but some epic bosses will be able to destroy/disable certain services in a node if they are not defeated.

This might be what I heard too, and I was thinking what if the town center is hit. Would that be the keystone to taking down a node 1 level?