Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

If we find the Dragon's Lair, then what?

Most of us love to dungeon crawl, and I am very sure we will get a good amount of dungeons in AoC.

But will exploring a dungeon trigger a game event?

One example would be, a group of 6 players are doing a dungeon run, finding all types of treasure on many levels. Then they find this one huge doorway, without thinking, they open the doors, and it turns out it's a Dragon's Lair.

So now what? Do you rush in a fight this, or run away. But just by opening that door, is this a in game event that is triggered? Did the group doom a near by town?

Comments

• Options
    It would be pretty cool. Like if the group succeed they can come back bragging about killing a dragon. But if they fail, will they rush back to the node with a warning or will they be too ashamed to tell anyone even though they know the dragon will come?
  • Options
    If we find a Dragon, then WE FEAST!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    I love the idea that exploration has great rewards as well as great dangers.  I would love for the Dungeons in Ashes to be fluid...changing.  Dangerous Creatures that adapt.  If numerous groups of players start to go through a Dungeon it could trigger an event or just activate  larger mobs or more elite mobs.   Word could get back to a Goblin King that Gold and treasure have been found in that mountain.  Tje King could send scouts at 1st,  then an army of Goblins depending on what happens.

I really want the "Dungeon Crawling" to feel real.  I hate the feel of rumning a daily dumgeon, just to get some loot or those Braces you need.. 

I lnow I am asking a lot, but if Dundeons were fluid and pre-built to change up and to have secrets and new areas...what if after a City reaches lvl 6 and that unlocks a secret that can be found deep in a Dungeon, an access way to a huge underground Goblin City...with outrageous riches.  And only a stealthy group could try to sneak in and steal some loot...and if they get caught, they are not killed but captured...and have to be rescued...or unless they give up what city they are from, they are held and only killed if they give up their city...anyway just throwing some crazy ideas out there...

Jeffery Bard...tbat would be crazy if you could pull something like that off...

• Options
    My hope is the delving of players into the depths does indeed open up new content, evil is released into the world, something that they them selves can not overcome. I would love to see hidden secrets in dungeons that can only be found by exploring the whole delve, tricks and traps that can only be found with careful exploration.

I do hope there is a dungeon where you get to fight a young dragon, I say young because I believe a mature dragon should be more than just a mere small party of characters can take on, but a young dragon could be an epic fight.

• Options
    Don't forget there is a whole hollow earth planned. Tulnar are not going to be happy with you if you keep digging down into their neighborhoods. They have known where to avoid, and you returnees stirring up things left better sleeping is going to have consequences.
    "Stupid hobbittsess, dropping rocks down wells in Moria."
  • Options
    Steal his treasure.
  • Options
    So if there is a hill of golden treasure left behind, after killing something like a dragon. How in the heck can you take it all away? I don't see a caravan getting setup to take it all, or mules being used. After all we would be on a dungeon crawl, only taking what we carry.
  • Options

Granthor said:

So now what?

• Options
    Granthor said:

Most of us love to dungeon crawl, and I am very sure we will get a good amount of dungeons in AoC.

But will exploring a dungeon trigger a game event?

One example would be, a group of 6 players are doing a dungeon run, finding all types of treasure on many levels. Then they find this one huge doorway, without thinking, they open the doors, and it turns out it's a Dragon's Lair.

So now what? Do you rush in a fight this, or run away. But just by opening that door, is this a in game event that is triggered? Did the group doom a near by town?

I ride my new flying mount out of the dungeon obviously. 
  • Options
    Im all for a failed attempt at killing a dragon boss, letting the dragon crawl out and destroy the surrounding nodes and peoples lol. Better yet, once the dragon is engaged, let the server participate in helping slay the beast (world boss). And leave the bones where they lie.

I'd love to log on and see the towns and forests in ruins, with cow carcasses littered in the streets.