Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Fighter Class-what will it be like?

Just like the title suggests what do you think the Fighter class type will be like? 
The most info we can draw from is from the Ashes Kickstarter page with the class info : "The fighter is an expert in physical combat. A master of many weapons, this warrior strikes fear into the heart of it foes"   I am hoping for a swordsman dps type. If I had to compare it I guess wow Arms/Fury warrior. With all of the augments than can happen I am hoping for at least one of them allowing for that type of play-style. 

What type of Abilities/Skills do you think the Fighter class should have.
example " Shout"- causing fear to enemy's (CC)
                " Berserk" causing attack speed and melee combat damage increased (Eq2 ability)

What are your thoughts on this? What do you want to see, and what don't you want to have as part of the Fighters Kit? 

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    EDIT: / TL;DR: Shared concepts, yet having a different mindset/ approach as compared to other Classes ; a 1st attempt in balancing the archetypes in thought, yet while not limiting what "that Archetype(s)" can do 
    (in this case the Fighter-Archetype)

I'd like to see Weapon--Collision
    • Weapon-with-Weapon Contact
    • Weapon-with-Magic Contact
    I suppose this is, in general, can be applied with all of the classes too - but more so with this one

If its Fighter/ (tank, ranger, rogue or fighter) ,
    • then I'd expect to see more "robust-like" and/or traditional Weapon Combat - including (some) Action-Combat Elements

If its Fighter/ ( mage, cleric, summoner or bard) ,
    •  then i'd expect to see more "magical-like" elements added into the mix.; to convey the idea of Magic being expressed in Close-Range combat

( i suppose this could also be applied to the other archetypes as well  xD )

All-in-all, well-rounded options that vast differ from one another that'll truly each Archetype be noticably & drastically different from other 

( .... which could also be said by the others Archetypes too ... see where I'm going with this ?  :D )
  • Options
    Promise that'll be my last edit ... sorry  :D
  • Options
    Thinks, fighter will be pretty flexible archetype since he "a master of many weapons". He could get different deffencive/offencive skills and different stances. I don't think he is same as berserk/fury warrior(suppose it would be -fighter+fighter class combination) - it is "basic" archetype.
  • Options
    Pointy stick.