Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

DoomLight Recruitment | Always Welcoming New Members

Hey everyone! Thanks for stopping to check us out. :smiley:

I'd like to start a new gaming group/guild that's based on a few things:
  1. Being competitive and striving to be among the best.
  2. Encouraging and helping people get better.
  3. Covering nearly all aspects of every game we base in.
If you want to know more about us please look down below. However, to get this out of the way, here is how to join:

Step 1: Set your discord name on the AoC server to have the tag in the front.
     Step 2: Join the DoomLight discord server using the link below.
     Step 3: You're done! Just follow the rules and have fun!

Discord: discord.gg/pJ8BPNt
Guild Tag: [DmLt]

Rules:
Here are the basic rules. I'm not promising to update this post if these rules ever get updated, but this should at least give you an idea.
  1. Use common sense. There is a reason why this is rule number 1. If you don't have common sense, then you won't understand why this is rule number 1.
  2. Avoid excessive inappropriateness. This includes most things that are generally considered inappropriate. Please use your common sense from rule 1 to judge this. A general good rule to follow is, if you have to ask, then it is probably inappropriate.
  3. Be respectful. There is no better way to put this.
  4. Be inviting and welcoming. This is more of a guideline than a rule. However, if you actively act against this, then action will be taken against you.
  5. I'm not sure what else to put here... I just wanted a number 5. :tongue:
As you can see, the rules aren't that hard to follow. Pretty much if you use your common sense and are respectful, you're probably following the rules. 

Events:
While I am starting this group fresh, I would love to have events where members can earn prizes, special titles, ect. I don't have very many ideas currently, but there are plans to have events in the future.
Some, if not most, events will be ideas coming from member input. Several might even be member run.

Ranks:
We have ranks within the group. The first rank is super easy to earn. All you need is for any moderator to see you around and that you haven't done anything majorly bad.

Upon earning your first rank, you also get to join a side. There are two sides within DoomLight. Magic, and Tech. These different sides will potentially have different chances for different things, such as a magic specific event, or a tech specific dungeon raid. As listed below, joining either side does not limit your in-game choices. You can be a spell caster in-game, but still be apart of the Tech group.

*Note: Being in either Magic or Tech does not limit any in-game characteristics. It does not force you to be in any certain class or role. It is simply a preference that can be changed at any time by messaging a moderator on discord.

A Few Extra Points:
There are a few extra things I would like to emphasize:
  • This is a new group that I am starting up. So during the beginning phases of DoomLight, I will not be around all of the time. I will try my best to do what I can, but I would appreciate it if you didn't get on me for not fixing a problem right away. Starting off, there are no moderators, meaning that it is only me doing all of that. I will choose moderators as I see fit, mostly being when we need more or when I get completely overwhelmed. However, please be understanding when I don't meet your expectations. Thanks.
  • While we are competitive, we are also respectful to others. If we get beaten, we try not to be resenting about it. While it is ok to be a little (or a lot) upset about loosing, we say, "gg", congratulate the winner, and move on.
  • We are a guild of many levels. We are always accepting new members, so there are people that are at every level. Ranging from people just starting off at level 1, to people that have been playing since day one. That being said, all members are treated the same. Even if you have been playing from day one, if you just joined, you just joined. You'll be at the same 'level' within the group as the level 1 player that also just joined. We rank people based on other things such as participation and friendliness rather than in-game level.
  • While DoomLight is currently just starting off (as of writing this), I would like to expand in to other games as well. While I want to see this happen, I simply don't have the time to organize it all. So, that being said, there are opportunities for everyone to start their own DoomLight group in a game. We try to stick to one group per game, but if needs be, there can be exceptions.
  • We try to uphold a good standing in all games and communities. Everyone is their own person, so we encourage you to act on your own accord. However, if you start to make the group look bad, we will take action against you. Most cases will start out with a simple warning saying something like, "Hey, can you please stop that."

More Information:
If you want more information, please join the discord and ask around. Hopefully you'll find some people that are willing to help. If not, I'll probably be around shortly to answer any questions you might have.