Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Creativity Challenge, Part Three Cont.. Mage

I was going down the list of combat abilities for Mages and we were on Earth Qauke

-I think that ability should swallow small monsters like those little demonic bunnies, leaving precious loot behind of course

-should have a mobility debuff if monster is in area of effect

-Chance for lava to spring forth an create a lava elemental that attacks monsters

-Chance to anger some underground creature like an earth drake.

Those are just the damage abilities.  

As for the other abilities I only have Mages Escape Comment on

-should provide a speed buff for 4 -6 seconds and maybe a haste buff if we even have that in game.

But that is not all, would like to see mages have 

-A charm ability for monsters that makes them attack each other. This would be great as a defensive and offensive skill.

-A summon ability that summons different magical creatures with different abilities. Key here is magical creatures.

-Different casting animations with and with out staff.  Same animation for every spell and ability is boring

-Have an Archer Mage  were mage casts spells with bow but I guess that would be ranger mage.

And well that is about it.  I make this posts cause well if you campare mages in one mmo to another there is not to much difference. And that goes for adds and monster and zones and dungeouns. I could start over again and make totally different suggestions not too hard in fact.
Is the Ashes of creation mage really going to stand out against other mages in other mmorpgs?  I mean it would not be that hard to do it.

Comments

• Options
    I like these ideas, but some of them should be suggested for Summoners, as you didn't leave anything for Summoners.  :D

I also like a swamp skills where little minions gets sucked in it. Or changing a slowing affect due to a Mud-like skill. Especially I liked the volcano attack, that should be a thing. I don't mind even it's being a double edge sword, but it looks cool. I also like to have a hurricane spell being controlled by the user and being on the field for amount of time.

For Mage, I also like to have Harry Potter kinda spells like moving objects, unlocking locks, illumination spells especially for exploring and interacting with the objects around. But not to much Crowd Control with Petrifying spells, as there'd be nothing left for Bards to have.

I really like to be Mage skills being really really wide. But I also think that'd be unfair for other classes which doesn't get all the creativity.
  • Options
    @Consultant
    You seems to be heavily PvE oriented. Keep in mind that's also a PvP game and spells will mostlikely have the same effect on monster and players.

As Dolphin said, summoning creature will be for the Summoner (maybe a Mage/Summoner or Summoner/Mage)

Their is a lot of good idea, i especialy like he charming and haste buff.

@Dolphin
    A channeling spell like hurricane would be awesome :smiley: . I would rather let the "unlocking locks" to the rogue type tho. But moving object and illumination spell seems relevant.
  • Options
    Well summoners usually summon demonic creatures per say from the Abyss.  
    For example A cleric could summon a pegasus or some other celestial creature.
    Does not seem to good for a cleric to summon a hell hound unless he was a cleric summoner  :)  

So a mage could summon from a magical creature list like a  blink dog or some other magical creature most likely that dwells in an enchanted forest.  Not a creature that lurks in the depths of hell.  I mean the montrous compendiums in Dungeouns and Dragons is full of them.  Just do not like to pull from other products for ideas.

(Blink Dogs is from Dungouens and dragons) Since the ashes of creation Beastiary is not out yet I just have to say magical creatures.
  • Options
    I like the idea of summoning different mobs as a Mage, I mean, Magic Users in D&D used Monster Summoning magic, but at the same time summoners were not a thing (I'm talking AD&D 1st edition).  As far as a game goes with both Mage AND Summoner, just leave all the mob summoning (Demons, dragons, elementals) to the Summoner.  If a Mage can do all of this awesome magic that does a devastating amount of damage and summon creatures, then people would second guess the role of summoner and just go Mage.  I do know they could give the Summoner special abilities that makes it unique, but we should leave Summoner to do what it does best, summon.

On the additional effects of the Earth Quake aside from monsters springing out, I think a movement debuff, some sort of after effect of quicksand or getting your foot stuck in a crack that was left over for a minor snare would be pretty neat.  The more I think about Mage, the more possibilities I see for Rogue, thinking some sort of Shadow Step maybe?  ;)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Ghost0 said:
    @Consultant
    You seems to be heavily PvE oriented. Keep in mind that's also a PvP game and spells will mostlikely have the same effect on monster and players.

As Dolphin said, summoning creature will be for the Summoner (maybe a Mage/Summoner or Summoner/Mage)

Their is a lot of good idea, i especialy like he charming and haste buff.

@Dolphin
    A channeling spell like hurricane would be awesome :smiley: . I would rather let the "unlocking locks" to the rogue type tho. But moving object and illumination spell seems relevant.
    they said that only summoners in 1st archetype will be able to summons things