Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Personality test to pick your race?

So, because I've been listening to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon soundtrack today, and that game had a personality test to determine what Pokemon you would play in the game, that got me thinking.

What if we had something like that for Ashes, but for the races that are going to be in the game? And the test should not determine what you are going to be in the game like in PMD, just as a suggestion as to what would fit best.

I don't think that would take too long to make based on the race descriptions we have and it might help a few people with their decision.

What do you think?

Comments

• I think this would be cool. Same with classes as well
  • Actually, I would very much like this. Something like this:

Image result for pokemon super mystery dungeon games questions
  • I like these tests, but maybe optional for those that don't want to go through them. On my very first MMO, I didn't know which class to pick (or what they truly were for that matter). I took the test and that gave me my first healer. I've been a huge support class since. Although I've since created fighting classes too, I always identify first as a support.
  • I always liked that in games. So yea! Why not? ^^
  • Would be cool if it was optional for people that cannot decide. 

In the old Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, it always spit out Bulbasaur after every test...

So I'd rather have the option to choose my own race or have a optional personality test for insecure people.
  • The last time I experienced something like this was in FFXIV and it helped me out a lot in my immersion so I can only support your idea!
    While we're at it, it would also be great if it isn't only for your race but also class .
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    First time I encountered it in an MMO was Ragnarok Online not terribly long ago. You could still go with your desired choice, of course. It's such a small thing, but I really appreciate these little things :)

Edit:
    However, for a race. I would -not- want one. I prefer races to be varied. Personality isn't based on race. You could make a questionaire about the background, and all that. Which places you in a certain race and caste. 
  • I love the idea of a personality test. Honestly it would work best with classes as they seem to reflect a person far more then the race they choose but considering the fact each race has personality traits themselves i do see where you are comming from. So over all it soulds like a great idea and i would love it to be implemented.

But also consider adding details to the test such as what would a person like to be able to accomplish in thier life (in the game). It would take some more work but if the test can be tied to basic outcome of a characters build that would be far more helpful. So if a person wants to be a healer but also a merchant it would tell you the race and class best suited to do the job, kinda thing. If this can be accomplished it would be extremely helpful and take some of the work out of it for those who prioritize functionality over lore or apperance. 
  • I like the idea but keeping it optional is also important. Aslong as it's optional it's a +1 for me.
  • Definitely would be a great option for some of the more RP members. 
  • I love the idea.

The race descriptions and class descriptions 'basically' give you a good starting direction, too.  But, something more in-depth would be great for suggestions starting out.  This also might be related to race or class-specific perks, too.
  • Would be really cool as a optional thing for sure!