Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will Gatherers & Miners fight back, flee, or "Stay green?"

I am interested in what those who prefer gathering and mining would do if attacked while gathering or mining.

Comments

• Options
    I'd fight back if I cannot beat the person, I call people, If we cannot win, I hold spite against him that one day the person will suffer from me. And somehow, by karma, it occurs and I make them mad and they hold a great hatred against me. When I lose, I try to continue to collect materials at different time or doing it by hiding, but I save the person's name.
  • Options
    if you dont fight back you lose more anyway, so let try to defend yourself.
  • Options
    Depends on how I felt on that day/time, but most times if I'm out picking flowers, chances are I'm not particularly interested in PvPing.
    I'd most likely try to run away, SHOWING that I'm not interested in PvP, if the person persists following and annoying me I'd probably fight back. If I win; great for me, I'll go back to my gathering spot. If I lose; will call for back-up to take out that annoying person, simples.

• Options
    If you see me or any other member of my guild only the misguided and ignorant would dare challenge me and/or my crew. We have in the past and will continue in the future to crush all those who oppose us. When dealing with us you get two options, Ignore us "Live and let live" or challenge us and hope you outnumber us 3 to 1.
  • Options
    To be honest i'm not really interested in 1v1 but more in group content, so my caracter will be optimize for group content (skill point at least, might have 2 gears one for solo and one for group) but with the current mecanics, if i have no chance to win (considering playing bard/cleric or something like this) and if i'm facing a better 1v1 class i'll probably just run. If i die the corrupt dude will most likely die afterwards getting hunted by bounty hunter (they can see corrupted player on the map) who wants to get a piece of valuable gear + mats.

I would only fight back if i am in a group.

With the current mechanics you don't want to kill any green. Green might lose some mats, but it's nothing compared to losing mats + a piece of valuable gear.
  • Options
    Thank you all.
  • Options
    This is my rock! My land!  Raaaaawr!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Diura said:
    *Diura notices a group of people approaching dressed in bright pink armor and robes, withFABULOUS flowing hair, on the backs of pink war bunnies, that want to farm the area"

What are you going to do Diura?

THIS!

• Options
    Diura said:
    *Diura notices a group of people approaching dressed in bright pink armor and robes, withFABULOUS flowing hair, on the backs of pink war bunnies, that want to farm the area"

What are you going to do Diura?

THIS!

*warhorn cry* Fellow gatherers! Our land is under attack! For the materials, we must unite and defend!
  • Options
    If you run away, do you not stay green anyway? Does it turn you to a combatant?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    If you run away you stay green. Using a skill on yourself or another character will initiate flagging depending on their state. Livestream 11/17 timestamp 29:30
  • Options
    Right, I thought so. I would definitely run especially if I'm alone. I don't know how AoC will become when it comes to making builds, but I intend to optimize mine for group support even if it will decrease my attacking power. I will definitely not be one of the strongest attackers so will likely die if I fight back. The only "revenge" I plan to claim is to run, stay green, and if I get killed, make my killer corrupt. :P
  • Options
    All 3 depending on situation
  • Options
    I would fight back. I would rather die a purple than a green. I don't want to have to eat up my time farming back more negative exp.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I believe the corruption system will direct the PvP against guild/node activities where both sides are prepared for it. If single farmes are target the corruption system wasn't strong enough.
  • Options
    I really like farming/gathering it is a really addicting  for me. PVP is not a really a thing I like in mmorpg's. I understand that a lot of players do like that option of PVP. So I would first just run away and hope that the people who are trying to kill me would understand that I will stay green no matter what. but if I would keep getting killed while farming and a really strong 1v1 build would be in my reach to make and if that would better my farming/win lose ratio I would maybe go that way. or I would maybe make a rogue class farmer so I could run and hide.
  • Options
    Diura said:
    Someone's been watching Avatar! :p
  • Options
    All 3 depending on situation
    Agreed. The answer highly depends on my mood in the situation, so I'll take 'Other'.
  • Options
    Depends in how much variance in farming gear vs pvp gear there is. If I have to try to fight with a hoe I think I'll try to run away
  • Options
    Althor said:
    Depends in how much variance in farming gear vs pvp gear there is. If I have to try to fight with a hoe I think I'll try to run away

There is not supposed to be any difference no pve/pvp gear but that being said there may be stats on gear that are more favourable for pvp as opposed to pve, which I honestly hope is the case. There is a lot to yet to be revealed concerning gear and stats and how it all works.
  • Options

• Options
    Varkun said:
    Althor said:

There is not supposed to be any difference no pve/pvp gear but that being said there may be stats on gear that are more favourable for pvp as opposed to pve, which I honestly hope is the case. There is a lot to yet to be revealed concerning gear and stats and how it all works.

Well that was quite wrong, I should spend more time proof reading. Should have read I honestly hope that is NOT the case, I want to see no stats being better suited to pvp.
  • Options
    Well I think that there should not be a fight for gatherable materials.  If you are in the middle of gathering something then someone else could  gather it as well as long as it has not yet despawned.

This comes from the point of making a stronger cummunity.  So when you go out in the world you will not have the desire to be alone so you can have all the gathering resources to yourself.   This type of system should also be incorporated into other aspects of the game.  Think I will start a post how to build a strong cummunity.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    In FF14, resource points are fixed and appear at specific times (ingame times, it passes about 12x faster), for a few minutes every half hour or so. And everyone can dig/harvest from that point, provided their skill is high enough (or they'll fail). It doesn't work "first come first serve, and others gets nothing". Even then, I was selling adamantite ore as a cash cow, by the stacks of 99. So there wasn't exactly an oversupply.

You needed 5 ore to make a intermediary mat, and then I think 3 of that to make an ingot, and then 1-2 ingot to finish a gear piece (along with other pain-in-the-ass to get/process mats). And one harvest per half hour was just 15 ores (at best).

Rarer mats appear only half as much (once per hour), and need much higher skill to harvest (best harvesting gear), and you can only get a few per harvest because you have to use other skills than the +2/gather one just to hit enough to gather at all. So you tend to get 2 to 4. At least this was true as of patch 3.1. Yet they're still visible and harvestable for all who show up, not a one-time harvest and then all gone even for others.

I'm not sure I like the fixed-in-place respawn points thing, but I like the not-fighting-for-the-ore with the other harvesters (enough for everyone). Like you could kill the competition if you really really want it, but I'd prefer if it wasn't necessary (to kill everyone else) to gather at all.
  • Options
    The Dwarf in me would not allow any other course of action. Only Green thing around me will be @Lexmax or maybe @Nagash when he's been lying down too long.
  • Options
    Fighting back, but pick your fights before engaging!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    We have to fight back god damnit! 
    WE WILL NEVER BE SLAVES (OR EXP PINATAS IN THIS CASE!)!
    They will learn to never underestimate a melee Siren!
  • Options
    Looks like we have a case of.... Threadamancy