Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Animal Breeding and Hortles

We talked about this on discord some time ago but now I decided that I will make a petition for at least Hortles to happen and made a video for it.  I think animal breeding with different types of animals would be really cool because imagine just breeding out like an epic mount! (what the hell that sounded just weird.) Anyway, I think it would be a fun feature imagine if it ran away from you and in like a year there would be a forest full of them and quests to kill them. I do not know how would it be done but it just sounds funny to me. What do you think?

THE PETITION IS A JOKE! I JUST WANTED A IDEA TO MAKE AN VIDEO!

Petition: https://www.petitions24.com/animal_breeding_in_aoc

Video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYB104F-4k4

Comments

• Options
    I like the idea that we could potentially affect the environment by breeding our own animals, would be interesting. For example, wolf mount escapes and a few days later we have "Feral Wolf Pups" around the town, would be interesting for sure. 

But to work properly, we would either have to instance breeding grounds (which works against the ideas of escapees) or have a town stable where anyone can stable a mount or two and see what happens. At the same time, if a node is attacked, any animal stabled would be vulnerable to be killed or released from captivity, or even harvested for meat. If that happened, then obviously the original owner would lose that mount or livestock.

Basically, great idea in theory, but really hard to actually implement with the limited world space.  Or perhaps just have high stables fees to control it as well.
  • Options
    A petition, really?  :D 

Not to be mean but I don't think a petition is going to accomplish anything, the idea is impractical and wasn't delivered well. All being said, best of luck to you and your noble cause.  ;)
  • Options
    @Elder I agree with the petition being a weird place to start, A poll should have been engaged first to gauge interest. Also, details need to be hammered out before an idea is petitioned to be placed in the game, otherwise it is just passing the buck really. 
  • Options
    Elder said:
    A petition, really?  :D 

Not to be mean but I don't think a petition is going to accomplish anything, the idea is impractical and wasn't delivered well. All being said, best of luck to you and your noble cause.  ;)
    thought it was funny do not take it seriously
  • Options
    @Fiastos Trust me, I wasn't taking anything you said seriously. ;)