Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Desktop Background

So is it just me or is anyone else SO hyped for this game that they changed their background to some of the in-game screeshots?

Edit: Now that I am home I can post my desktop :smiley:

Comments

• Options
    I did xd
  • Options
    Guilty as charged.

• Options
    People still use Skype #thinking xD
  • Options
    I would if there were backgrounds I could use for at least dual monitors.
    Fleelix said:
    Skype still has much better screen share, call and video quality than discord. Whatsapp offers only voice and Viber, again quality issues. Also easy file transfers up to 300mb as opposed to 8mb (50mb for discord nitro users). And it's built in to Windows 10. I prefer it significantly more for 1 on 1.
  • Options
    Nocht said:
    I would if there were backgrounds I could use for at least dual monitors.
    Fleelix said:
    Skype still has much better screen share, call and video quality than discord. Whatsapp offers only voice and Viber, again quality issues. Also easy file transfers up to 300mb as opposed to 8mb (50mb for discord nitro users). And it's built in to Windows 10. I prefer it significantly more for 1 on 1.
    Thankfully you said 1 on 1 at the end. In my experience you get anymore than 5 people and it starts dropping people, but then again I have not used skype for about 4 years. I hope they fixed that by now XD
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    People are scattered among various services and some only use a certain few. In order to keep in touch with them, certain services will have to be used.

I have a few contacts that only use Skype, hence why I have it on my PC and Phone. Some of my contacts only use Whatsapp, while some only use Viber. Then again, some use both or none at all. There is also this chinese IM app knockoff that luckily only some of my contacts have, but do not use.

It's not about which service is the best or "OMG, people still use this?"

I'd still use MSN Messenger if it was still around today. If they didn't shut it down and had turned it into a mobile app, it might have gotten bigger than Whatsapp or Viber. All they would have had to do is phone number support and boom, there you have the all-in-one app used by literally every smartphone user on the planet: send and receive text messages, online calls, check your msn/outlook/hotmail, they would have most likely added latest news as well, maybe even cloud file sharing from your windows pc to your phone.

Meh, I'm just ranting about Microsoft missing a opportunity, but this topic went offtopic as well.

If anyone has some nice AoC screenshots, why not share them so we can have nicer desktops? The one I use is literally the only high resolution one. The fan kit can be forgotten.
  • Options
    Here is mine. I love the Mushroom forest.

• Options
    I got rare picture as background. I also still use Skype every day