Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is there something more substantial that we could spend our money on?

Hi guys I don't mean the game itself, but what the ingame store has to offer.

When you setup a system to create recurring purchases you incentivize a very specific type of content generation and I just wonder if there is a more value added piece of content then cosmetics.

The Monster Coins create a loop where they're incentivized to create a challenge where you unlock a sort of prestigious cosmetic item, but is there something out there that would be better?

Overwatch created MVP moments and animations and for the score screen at the end of the game, and it made me wonder if leaderboards are a missing opportunity.

I think the leaderboard is desirable to monetize for a number of reasons.

Its sanctity is paramount for high level competition. Cheaters devalue the system and a system that values purity is good for the game.

Its a metered way to create celebrity. Think of this as an opportunity for new investment. By creating an ingame celebrity and allowing that celebrity to invest in their own popularity you can create a two-front source of income.

Make a high cost investment opportunity for the players at the top. Things like the opportunity to create emotes and twitch-like icons that they can allow their fans to invest in.

Profit sharing opportunities that reward their competitive investment in the game financially and their ability to gather fans and contributions to the game and themselves.

To create these emotes and icons sell them a compelling icon creator, and memes will arise just like in twitch creating high value icons that return value in how compelling they are to collect by fans.

Memes are a collaborative story that offers some small narrative to the game's living tapestry of history.

Offer fans a selection of ways to wear these icons and buy or earn them via investing in the player celebrities. For the most popular and therefore valuable icons offer even more elaborate options.

Create a system that allows fan cultures to celebrate celebrity, and then iconize it, then allow these communities to clash, creating deeply invested player driven conflict.

#showerthoughts

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Not exactly sure what you're trying to pitch. You were very vague about how you want all these systems implemented. 
  • Options
    The less things in the cash shop the better imo. There are already people complaining that cosmetics are in the shop; adding anything more is simply unnecessary and would probably cause needless uproar. Plus, leaderboards are such a small part of the game it wouldn't be worth the time and effort put in to making things like that for it.
  • Options
    Nothing that can be pay 2 win, and you lost me with

"I think the leaderboard is desirable to monetize for a number of reasons."

I don't think aspects of the game should be monetized... expecially when it us a sub based game. Just because you can and sounds profitable doesn't mean you should.

• Options

I don't think aspects of the game should be monetized... expecially when it us a sub based game. Just because you can and sounds profitable doesn't mean you should.

You got lost in the weeds.
  • Options
    Zomnivore said:

You got lost in the weeds.

Maybe you can chop them down for me?
  • Options
    Allow people to have a twitch like celebrity status with emotes and icons and allow people to buy them. Meter who can apply by using the leaderboards.
  • Options
    From KS. None of these marked exclusive, so you can bet you will see them on the store, or variations of them.
    Access to in-game Chat Emoji pack - Tier 1 
    Access to in-game Chat Emoji pack - Tier 2
    Access to in-game Chat Emoji pack - Tier 3