Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Want to see some mount gameplay please Steven!

Can we get a glimpse of what its like to have a mount in Ashes?
Perhaps a glorious steed running through the plains of Verra!

Have been following the game since December last year and one thing I have been dying to see is general point A-B travel by the players own means.

Recently travel has been a much discussed topic on the forums and in discord. I think seeing this in action will help give the world a sense of scale. Perhaps a small one minute video riding through a few sub-sections to a zone would achieve this. 

It may not be your intention to add this as a part of Alpha 0 but it would be nice to know if there has been any progress into this system? Thanks
KP

Comments

• Options
    Don't expect to see anything to do with mounts for a long time. They haven't even touched some of the classes yet. 
  • Options
    Elder said:
    Don't expect to see anything to do with mounts for a long time. They haven't even touched some of the classes yet. 
    Yeah that is true. The only thing I'm thinking of really is that the zone is 4x4 km. 16sq. That's just under half of the entire map of Skyrim. I'm not saying it needs to be added right now, just wondering on what sort of progress this system has.

It's probably worth noting though that the zone in alpha 0 is 1-10. Mounts may not even be present at this point of the game. Not only this but WoW Vanilla you had to walk until 40.
  • Options

It's probably worth noting though that the zone in alpha 0 is 1-10. Mounts may not even be present at this point of the game. Not only this but WoW Vanilla you had to walk until 40.
    It was dropped by the big boss that you gain your first mount before leaving the starting area. Now whether that is in Alpha 0 or not, not confirmed. Was in response to people saying that they were selling mounts and not skins, and them clarifying once again how the KS/Summer and store skins work.