Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Scientific Node

So uh will the military node have more seige weapons or will scientific nodes have more? Id like to think that the scientific node will have better seige weapons than any other or maybe they will be the first to discover them and other nodes will have to steal blueprints or something before all scientific nodes start to become a threat in terms of military strength

Comments

• Options
    Or higher accuracy, as siege weaponry takes some mathematics ;)
    But really, we don't know yet.
  • Options
    The answers to questions like that are quite sometime away, I would imagine the different nodes will be able to achieve many things depending on what direction they are developed, there will be many pros and cons to each type of node. But as to what they are apart from a few hints there is not much revealed as yet.
  • Options
    It really is something to look forward to, however I do hope that the difference wont be on a huge scale where a militaristic node can dominate in defense and offense. :smile:

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    I don't know about siege weapons.  I do remember reading that the scientific node would allow fast travel throughout it's zone of influence.  Also that an economic node would allow a zone-of-influence-wide auction house as well as the usual local markets.

At least I think those were official comments.  Now I'm not sure.  Sometimes it's hard to tell official comments from forum members spit balling ideas.  Everything tends to blur together.  Ah it sucks getting old but it beats the alternative.  :o
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017

• Options
    Or military nodes might have the best siege weapons.
    Or economic nodes might have the best quality of siege weapons.
    Or religious nodes might have the most durable and accurate siege weapons.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    I would think the scientific metropolis would need economic, religious, military nodes surrounding it and depending on siege mechanics, environment bonus, etc. located strategically.
  • Options
    Each metropolish is independant so locating it "strategically" is impossible, it will be whichever nodes choose to make a scientific development, nodes are almost like separate countries.