Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Top gear to drop/ or to craft

What are your favourite way to get top gear? Do you like to kill like 1000 of mobs for one high gear part? Or do you prefer to collect 1000 of materials to craft your top gear? 

Comments

• I like to hunt and kill mobs to get my high equip. But crafting is also ok too for me. Just hope its hard to get high-end equip to spent s lot of time on this. So when i get a part i m happy and motivation will increase to get the other parts. 
  • I think it should be a combo of the two. When I say that I mean monster drops an item that has to be crafted by a crafter. So that way we need crafters and they need us, But it should be rare so the market isn't flooded by it. That way it still takes time to get the high end gear and not just buy it off a local market place.
  • @gundel i aggree with you. Think that will be the best way. So all kinds of mobs (not only bosses) and crafters are needed to get the rare high end equip. What do you think about different equip (pve/pvp) i prefer one type of equip for pve and pvp.
  • Intrpeid has said that the best gear will come from both raids/world bosses and crafting. The crafting materials for making the best gear will come from the bosses in dungeons and raids as well as other places, but both routes are equally viable for the "top gear"
  • @Naxep67 I mean they said that there wont be pvp gear and pve gear. But that doesnt stop players from sort of prioritizing gear for PVP like higher Stam, or Agi than they would for pve. But it makes for an interesting idea, since PVP and PVE balance and the dmg and heal that you do I imagine will be altered so example PVE fireball wont do the Same dmg as it does in PVP. 

So I see different stats being needed in different scenarios, different resistances etc as well.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017

• gundel said:
    I think it should be a combo of the two. When I say that I mean monster drops an item that has to be crafted by a crafter. So that way we need crafters and they need us, But it should be rare so the market isn't flooded by it. That way it still takes time to get the high end gear and not just buy it off a local market place.

I'd prefer a higher drop rate but in order to keep items in demand use a enchanting system that allows you to combined like items to make them even more powerful (my idea is similar to black deserts if you've played that minus the punishing rng from that game) Say you get enough mats to craft a epic staff and just to keep math simple say said epic staff has 5 attack power, combined 3 epic staffs to make a +1 epic staff with 7ap, combined 3 +1 epic staffs to make a +2 epic staff with 9ap and so on

• I like both methods, but crafting is something I enjoy and would like to make all my own gear if possible.

One thing that I would like to see is a variable stat type format where each Item created would vary in the stats/skills that it has. So if you make 20 sets of gloves each set stats would be different. Some having better stats and obviously some having worse stats. This would eliminate every player using the exact same equipment.

Along that same line, I would add variations in quality where some would be green a few Blue and then a very infrequent purple.

You would spend a lot of time crafting just to get the right piece that would fit your own needs, which may be completely different from what some else may need.

• I would like a fusion of both that way combat is needed and a crafter is needed. Gotta keep the economy going :D
  • One thing that I would like to see is a variable stat type format where each Item created would vary in the stats/skills that it has. So if you make 20 sets of gloves each set stats would be different. Some having better stats and obviously some having worse stats. This would eliminate every player using the exact same equipment.

That is VERY RNG. You could have variety of stats by letting the crafter specialize in AGI gloves, or AGI whatever, so they make gear evade chars prefer. And they would need a recipe for every stat specialization. One that isn't sold by a NPC. I prefer my RNG in getting the recipe than in actual craft.

• Did they ever comment on "legendary" gear? I liked the old system in WoW which made it random drops from hard encounters. Hate the current system of trying to make every player feel "special".
  • It needs to be both, with most gear not being bound there should be a good trade in dropped gear that is not wanted or is has been replaced when someone upgrades their gear. With crafters being able to break gear down to learn how it is made and then being able to make it themselves, there will be a healthy trade in dropped gear as crafters seek to learn how to craft more gear.

Some may say that would make it too easy to just craft gear once it has been learnt, personally I don't think this will be the case as the materials needed to craft the higher quality gear will become more rare and hard to find. That amulet of Mogo the Magnificent may require a rare crystal that can only be found in a couple of places throughout the world and there will need to be quite an amount of exploring done just to find it and its supply could be limited. Thus your gatherer who knows just where to look and has the skill to harvest it will make a pretty penny, so while you may know how to make Mogo's amulet there possibly wont be too much mass production going on.