NPC Contracts and You...........
I have a few ideas on the types I would love to see, and some that I would like to see, and others that look to be in the game. This is just a guess, but here goes.
NPC Contracts could be for the following. Be you Online or Offline, they will be there to help.
1. Vendor - Buying and selling for the players.
2. Mine Worker - When you have a big operation.
3. Inn Keeper - They handle your place while your away
4. Barmaids - They server your drinks and food
5. Guards - Used in the Freeholds and Caravans
6. Mercenary - A little help when you have no one else.
7. Solders - Siege war only
8. Farm hand - They help with your crops, and pick them when ready, if you don't.
9. Hunting Aid - This might be a choice between a Dog or a Tracker, if you don't have that skill as a hunter.
10. Town Crier - Used to advertise for you in the towns or along the road, with limits of course.
Did I miss any? Anyway, I think the contract idea is the way to go within AoC, it works in other games that use it, and I don't see why AoC can't use it to an expanded role. Contracts in general are temporary, so once they are up the NPC will go away. The exception should be Shops and Inns, they should extend the deal a little longer. So as long as the money is there, you can keep the deal going. Again, the others should end when the contract is up. IMO
What do you Guys and Gals think?