Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Player Bazaars?

Okay, I was curious about the possibility of player run bazaars in AoC. This was a very interesting feature in Final Fantasy XI Online that gave another dynamic to the player driven economy.

For those unfamiliar with the concept, players did not have to rely solely on the auction houses to peddle their goods. Players could choose to set up an interaction option for other players to browse items they were willing to sell at prices they determined. Basically, players could go afk in an area (not near an AH) and have people preview and purchase their items as they passed them by. Additionally, no percentage of the sale went to the AH, so it was a pretty neat system.

While this may be a niche mechanic and require a lot of effort, I was just curious about the possibilities of seeing it in the future. 

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Isn't that what we have? You list your items by renting a spot in your towns marketplace?

https://youtu.be/yzBxKoH7erU?t=50m27s
  • Options
    I think the recent discussions where "auction house" has been thrown around freely by some might have confused some of the newer people as to mechanics that are planned.
  • Options
    Would be awesome to see something like that in AoC
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    @Elder I apologize if I missed it. However, in FFXI, you didn't have to rent a spot or anything of the sort, you just had an icon appear over your character which allowed others to interact with you.

Though looking at the video, I am happy to see them integrating a similar system.
  • Options
    @Duninn

I think they want to keep the market localized that's why they don't want it to be global so not near the market place. I think the shop idea is a nice way to allow crafter's to really play a role in the world rather than just dumping things on the auction house.

So I think its a really cool compromise that they have come up with.
  • Options
    Duninn said:
    @Elder I apologize if I missed it. However, in FFXI, you didn't have to rent a spot or anything of the sort, you just had an icon appear over your character which allowed others to interact with you.

Though looking at the video, I am happy to see them integrating a similar system.
    Yeah I would prefer a physical stall over an Icon glad you are pleased I am pretty excited about seeing how the market system plays out and been hearing some rumors that Taverns may also come into play.

I am very happy that there will be no global auction house. I would kinda prefer there were no localized auction houses either. Tho a directory of the market may not be bad.