Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will clans be able to control the market / currency of a node or town?

I want to know if my guild I joined will be able to control a town market for profit, if this isn't already a thought in the development of the game, I think it would be interesting to see it happen. I would approve of a system like that.

Comments

• It is entirely possible based on the info given to us so far. Certain resources will be located near certain nodes and they will be limited. So if a guild can harvest all of the "iron ore" near them then they will have control over that resource in their area. If someone wanted to get iron ore for themselves at that point, they would have to buy it from the guild or venture out into the world and try and find a new location that has the "iron ore."
  • This is both true and untrue. While guilds may be able to get one of their own in charge of a node through say the scientific nodes citizen voting system, they would only be able to control how much the stalls in town are rented for, not who can actually rent them. Non-flagging mechanics as put out so far are party member, friends list, guild, and alliance. All citizens of the same node are in the same alliance. So any citizen of the node could harvest the iron and sell it, not just the dominant guild in the region.

• Here is a question for you, are all those within a nodes ZOI considered in the same alliance?
  • Varkun said:
    Here is a question for you, are all those within a nodes ZOI considered in the same alliance?
    They haven't clarified that, just that citizens of the same node are in the same alliance. So, does a lower level node that falls prey to a larger nodes zoi get absorbed, and all the citizens of that lower node become citizens of the larger, higher level node? Probably not. Will the larger node be able to declare war on a lower level adjacent node, thus making them combatants to the larger node? Also not clarified yet. We do know that citizenship is node specific, not zoi, so it depends really on how they decide they want to play it in the mechanics. I am betting they go with node specific alliance for flagging. Otherwise by year two you will have basically just 5 teams duking it out over control when zoi based, which isn't going to be very popular if people have to travel to the edges of various zoi's just to find conflict. Also if it becomes zoi based, caravans would become immune to attack if everyone is on the same team.