Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha 0 players, what will you focus on doing?

This is an important testing phase that will give the devs important information on what our preferences are. If you have a key, what will you do to make Ashes a better game for all players? (This can be closed once A0 starts) 

Comments

• Options
    There seems to be this rampant delusion that people are going to be running around doing what they want during these initial testing phases. For those that have keys, specific goals of what they are looking to test have been mailed out. It is not a persistent alpha where people are going to be logging on whenever they like, and meeting up with guildies to run dungeons or such. No confirmation on anything beyond this initial 3 day run. You could very well see them do this one, then nothing for two months (not probable, kills hype). Before I break some NDA that I haven't signed yet, will leave that there.
  • Options
    Bug fixing, and enjoying the environment the Devs have created for us. I want to help them as much as possible.
  • Options
    Do what they ask, test what they want testing, try and break things and give constructive feedback.
  • Options
    My main focus will be on finding the best grind spots so when launch comes I can find the most efficient way to level to end game. =D

(Steven if you're reading this, I know you're cringing)
  • Options
    Whatever is asked of me.
  • Options
    Well the first thing you need to test if you can successfully login to the server.
  • Options
    NDA and stuff :P
  • Options
    Whilst I trust we have very capable developers.. my first test will be of the movement as games made with UE4 tend to feel floaty and unresponsive.

This is probably down to the base code of UE4 and I'm sure they've already changed this a long time ago, however it is something I'm unfortunately paranoid about and will not be satisfied until I've felt it for myself.

Apart from that, anything the devs tell us we need to test and I also will attempt to break stuff! =)
  • Options
    I'm going to do exactly what the e-mail told me to do.
  • Options
    Drink beer, write bug reports, and otherwise have a fun time.  :)
  • Options
    Kill everything and then bring them back from the dead and repeat also bug reporting about the number of dead people  
  • Options
    Alpha 0 testers should know what to do. I don't want to say much, but instructions have been clear.
  • Options
    The given purpose for Alpha Zero are relatively broad and translate well to simply playing the game. I will just do that, play, explore and feel out what there is to feel out and give appropriate feedback.
    In essence I will try to break the game wherever possible :3
    I do have a keen interest in the base combat experience with this timing attack tho, so i will probably use a lot of time with it.
  • Options
    Despite my itch to be a rebel, I will be following the instructions that have been given. Happy Alpha Zero Everyone, Great time ahead and hope I see some of you in there. 
  • Options
    Mainly testing whatever is needed at the time, if nothing is requested, then off I go to do whatever feels right.
  • Options
    FliP said:
    Alpha 0 testers should know what to do. I don't want to say much, but instructions have been clear.
    Yeah, I got an email with the testing goals and a lot more info. And then the Time Slot Survey which I responded to... but nothing since then. I'm hoping for more so I can actually check out the NDA, download the game, stuff like that... and that email didn't tell me how to do that.  :)
  • Options
    Crowe said:
    FliP said:
    Yeah, I got an email with the testing goals and a lot more info. And then the Time Slot Survey which I responded to... but nothing since then. I'm hoping for more so I can actually check out the NDA, download the game, stuff like that... and that email didn't tell me how to do that.  :)
    You'll be getting a third email soonTM with more information. :D
  • Options
    Crowe said:
    FliP said:
    You'll be getting a third email soonTM with more information. :D
    Groovy. I keep checking but nada. I have this nagging feeling I'll be chosen for the first round on Friday and won't even have the game downloaded until it's over.   Paranoia!

/waves at XoO
  • Options
    F5.... F5... F5... arg!
    Come on third email. If it arrives soon enough, I can take a lunch and start the download.
  • Options
    Step 1. See if my crappy laptop is able to play it.
    Step 2. Run to the library and use their computers if it's not.
    Step 3. Whatever the devs want me to do.
    Step 4. Try everything!
    Step 5. Submit bug reports.
    Step 6. Submit suggestions and wish lists.
    Step 7. Dance like no one is watching. :)
  • Options
  • Options
    sunfrog said
    Step 4. Try everything!
    Lol riot!!!!!
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    Step 4. Try everything!
    sunfrog I don't want to be that guy but I don't think its a good idea to play an NDA closed Alpha on a public library computer
  • Options
    I know you didn't ask me, but I will be focusing on how to get into Alpha.