Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Keep it real and learn from your elders!

Hello to all of you ashes of creation fans.  I wanted to write this post to help shed some light on things.  First off isn't it great that intrepid studios has swung the doors open from the start?  I have to say that in all of the games i have been a part off, this studio has pretty much let us watch the develop from concept to implementation.  What a wonderful time to be living.... am i right or what!?!?!?!  

OK on to the real point of this post.   Look when you watch videos, here about the game i see the hype, i hear the hope, and i sense the fear.  Look combat is a touchy thing in mmo's.  There is a box in MMORPG for how combat works, and if anything happens outside that box it can lead to hysteria.  a  toolbar, buttons, 1-9.  add shift 1-9, alt 1-9. i mean for heavens sake we started this on a keyboard in the late 90's and here we are almost in 2020.  Guess what folks? we still have the same stuff.  It seems that this is the way we are. I applaud intrepid studios for adding the bar that gives a sense of real time action that is determined by the timing skill of the person.  It needs a lot of work, polish, adjustments, and possibly a complete overhaul or throw out.  But regardless of what happens with that bar we all have to ask ourselves a serious question.  How can combat in mmorpgs evolve if any new ideas are crushed in a alpha stage? i mean alpha is when you try shit to see if it's going to work. that's what alpha is for.... what can we do differently and will it work?? all the info that's out about this game isn't supposed to be out at this point of the games creation.

So to sum up this post, i think that this game has a long way to go in its development cycle. I know this game will release when it is ready cause there is no major corporate pushing for its release (thank the heavens!!).  The combat in this game will be overhauled, redone, and redone till its fluid and intuitive.  Remember what intrepid studios is aiming for.  Greatness...  even the behemoth that is wow look like shit in alpha, and i remember so many of my friends saying blizzard wont pull it off. we all know what happened with WoW. but take a look at early alpha wow.

https://youtu.be/WWHCE7mgMa8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8tAa-MsNjY 

Comments