Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Monster types you would love to see added

Without know what types of monsters are planned, I would like to see what other people would love to have added. This is just a wish list, and doesn't mean they will make it into the game.

Two I would love to see are............

1. The Mimic - It is portrayed as being able to change its shape to disguise its body as an inanimate object, commonly a chest. The mimic has a powerful adhesive that holds fast to creatures who touch the creature, allowing the mimic to beat the creature with its powerful pseudopods.

2. The Beholder - Its appearance is that of a floating orb of flesh with a large mouth, single central eye, and many smaller eyestalks on top with powerful magical abilities.

I will add more later, but lets hear your wish list of monster types

Comments

• Options
    As an old pen and paper D&D player for 30 plus years there are just so many creatures from those rule books alone, it was one thing I did like about Neverwinter was seeing many of those creatures come to life on the computer screen.

Beholders would be cool as @Granthor stated above and mimics were always fun, I always enjoyed the slaadi the horrid frog like creatures. Githyanki were another set of creatures I did enjoy fighting they were powerful yet always mysterious.

It will be interesting to see what creatures IS decide to populate their world with both from our own human mythology and those created to fit the lore of verra. 
  • Options
    I thought Beholders's were under a copy-write, I think other games get by simply changing a few aspects and naming it something different, I see "Eye-Tyrant" a lot. I also believe this would be an epic creature to have about.

I would like flying creatures that roam all of the sky in addition to those that stay close to their nest. Harpies versus Griffin's for example. I would like some of those flying creatures to have enough attack varieties to stay aloft and not get within melee reach (even though I am usually melee). I think the mechanic/fight with flying creatures was done well with W3:wh, where you had to force them to the ground.

As for specific creatures, I think a D&D Displacer Beast would be awesome (although, that too might have copy-write. Something with good reach and highly effective natural camouflage.
  • Options
    I love enemys that have a mix of style, mobility and badass abilitys. I think it gives them a much more lively appearance then just a monster that only differs from the last one cause it has more hp and dmg output . For example some shadow creature that can teleport and summon shadows of itself or he can takeover  a weaker mob so the mob gets a buff and you have to kill it the mob first to fight against the sadow mob again. Things like that ^^ 

Furthermore i would like to see .. Giants, Giant Spiders, Giant Snakes, Ogers,  Griffons, All kind of undeads, Ents, Dark Angels, minotaurus, All kind of elemental creatures, werewolfs .. and so on

And a phoenix for sure. Would be lame if they wouldnt have a phoenix xD

• Options
    It would be cool to see the final boss of AoC, a Phoenix wearing sandals.

In all seriousness though, I think it would be cool to see creatures like a Hydra or tribes of enemies. Similar to what diablo had with the different tribes of Minotaur's. And a secret cow level of course.
  • Options
    One of the things that has puzzled me is why the majority of games only use corpses of people for undead... why not an undead tiger, or harpy, something out of the usual.
  • Options
    Ooooo I like the idea of more undead like creatures, other than human/playable race stuff. 

As much as I want all the giant over the top monsters in the world, I would love to see little fairies and sprites too. Stuff that plays tricks on you, flys out of no where, randomly charms you but doesn't attack right away, you just hear giggles in the background. 

On that note I would love I would love to see them take advantage of our other senses, not just suddenly a big red creature comes running at you because you got to close. Would love to be gathering in a cave and hear the rocks falling off things while you trek though the cave, and suddenly you realize there was this camouflaged lizard cat beast  becomes visible and attacks you. Somewhat of a delayed aggro where the creatures hunt you first. 

Would also love to see aerial beasts that swoop down to attack you. Anything to make the world feel more "real" and get away from the norm of what draws aggro. 

Specifically fairies/pixies/sprites, displacer beast reminiscent creatures, maybe some Tulnar like creatures but not the ones who got away, the ones who ended up living in seclusion after the exodus, slowly going crazy, and becoming primal. 
  • Options
    Pooka likes Owlbears, Displacer Beasts, Rust Monsters, Tarasque, and Otyughs.  They are very fun and memorable monsters that Pooka likes.

• Options
    Liches because even liches need friends 
  • Options
    How about Trolls under bridges, and when you try to cross they come out to try and eat you. lol
  • Options
    Ninja Shadow 

True words.

Speaking of undeads and stuff like that. I would love to see a classical grim reaper . I think its one of the most impressive and intimidating fantasy creatures. It could be a boss of a dungeon or it could get triggered by certain events or player choices. Or mby it could hunt players when their corruption level has increased to much xD
  • Options
    Demons, duh.