Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Gold farmers....Will this be an issue in AoC?

This issue has been in just about every game I have played on. You seen them, you get the mails. They have gold to sell from the game, come pay them X-Amount of real money, and you too can have a ton of gold to use in the game.

So how can you keep this problem at a min, cause I really don't see how you can stop in 100%.

Comments

• Options
    Well the main way to stop gold farmers is to start selling the gold yourself, but let's not even talk about that.  >:)
  • Options
    To be honest, I don't think it will be an issue. I think Gold(Embers in AoC if I understood the founders packs correctly but I'm not sure about that) will drop from all enemies in varying amounts. Thus just by playing the game you will then get gold, and if you get loot or items you deem useless then you could just sell it for gold.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Tasamuel said:
    To be honest, I don't think it will be an issue. I think Gold(Embers in AoC if I understood the founders packs correctly but I'm not sure about that) will drop from all enemies in varying amounts. Thus just by playing the game you will then get gold, and if you get loot or items you deem useless then you could just sell it for gold.
    Embers are the cash shop currency.
  • Options
    This like many other topics has been addressed from the very beginning. There are multiple systems in place and third-party vendors security software that will be handling such activity in game. Many games do not build their system from the beginning with a mind to combat botting and gold selling, and then spend resources and time trying to play whack-a-mole after the fact. Intrepid knew this was going to be an issue and built the core around systems to squash such player actions. A forum search should turn up multiple threads that have all the relevant quotes and information to reduce any pearl-clutching by people who haven't bothered to do the research. 
  • Options
    Gold farming ruins MMOs. Glad that strong preventative measures will be used.
  • Options
    This like many other topics has been addressed from the very beginning. There are multiple systems in place and third-party vendors security software that will be handling such activity in game. Many games do not build their system from the beginning with a mind to combat botting and gold selling, and then spend resources and time trying to play whack-a-mole after the fact. Intrepid knew this was going to be an issue and built the core around systems to squash such player actions. A forum search should turn up multiple threads that have all the relevant quotes and information to reduce any pearl-clutching by people who haven't bothered to do the research. 

Again this is one of those topics not talk about lately, so I missed the original discussions. Plus I didn't want to dig up old topics , just better to start a new one.

• Options
    I feel this is controllable by the company. I find that some companies will say they are against it and do occasional bans but it's never enforced the whole time. Some times it is obvious while other times not so much. 
  • Options
    @Granthor
    I'm with you, either start a new thread and be told to look up an old one, or resurrect an old one and be called out for necro. Do what feels good man!
  • Options
    I like the idea of gold embers.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Nothing wrong with starting a new thread if the previous one has fallen into the abyss. Carry on.  ;)

Let's not have old stigmas hinder open discussions.
  • Options
    You will never eliminate spam 100% but you can minimize it with active gm's, chat filters, and chat blocking
  • Options
    Can't we just attack them anyhow? Righteous justice...
  • Options
    You can have all the preventative maintenance you want but it will never truly stop RMT.  So yes, they will be in this game.  Will it be a problem?  Depends on the players themselves.  I know there will be some who want instant gratification so they will buy the gold so they can buy good gear.