Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Poll] What race do you think you'll play in Ashes?

Comments

• Options
    The forums have a poll feature.  >:)
  • Options
    Man all that tulnar love so far. I sure hope their racials fit well with at least one of the classes I want to play, and that elves don't just become the default best magic using race.

And yeah you might get better results using the forums poll feature so people don't have to leave the site. 
  • Options
    Where's the option for demon?  >:) 
  • Options
    I was honestly thinking a few months back that I would play a traditional dwarf but now am starting to lean towards orc. So it may come down to racial abilities before I make a choice on this so going to abstain at this point.
  • Options
    Yes racial abilities will be a deciding factor for me. After that it's all cosmetic.
  • Options
    Yes racial abilities will be a deciding factor for me. After that it's all cosmetic.
    Especially since you can overhaul your races cosmetics with skins.  >:)
  • Options
    Skins will definitely be nice up to a certain point. The min/maxer in me won't let me pick a race with suboptimal racials for my class, so if I end up pigeonholed into playing an elf I will be all about skinning myself out. 

Personally I'm hoping that racials will actually give a unique flair to each class in a way so we truly can be any race and any class and still be effective. 

I would hate to see a situation like WoW's where in pvp if your class can be a human, you most likely want to be a human, or if you can be an orc you should be an orc. 
  • Options
    I'd say for the sake of the poll, vote for which one interests you the most regardless of racials. I know I'm certainly going to be optimizing to a certain extent (I won't touch Empyreans with a 10 foot pole).

Done on Strawpoll to easily link it into discord and such, for those who aren't logged into forums/don't use forums.
  • Options
    It all depends on how strong racial traits are. They have said they want them to have actual impact on your character, unlike other games where it is a small boost that is redundant after initial levels.
    The skins issue will depend on which look best on which races. If for example you roll a Dwarf, but the skin makes you look Human, people are going to be upset. Most likely you will still look like a Dwarf with(example) Angelic cosmetic appearences (wings, hovering). Unconfirmed, but you can bet racial cosmetic skins will not change your base racial trait bonuses/penalties.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    It all depends on how strong racial traits are. They have said they want them to have actual impact on your character, unlike other games where it is a small boost that is redundant after initial levels.
    The skins issue will depend on which look best on which races. If for example you roll a Dwarf, but the skin makes you look Human, people are going to be upset. Most likely you will still look like a Dwarf with(example) Angelic cosmetic appearences (wings, hovering). Unconfirmed, but you can bet racial cosmetic skins will not change your base racial trait bonuses/penalties.
    I can confirm skins won't change your racial traits, I asked Steven this before backing on the Kickstarter. Or was it before I upgraded my Kickstarter...  :/

He also gave me the impression skins will completely overhaul your races appearance, something about your armor changing the same way armor changes for every race. If you look at some of the concept art for skins you can understand while adding some of these skins features while still keeping the characteristics of your original race wouldn't work very well.

• Options
    Damn, there goes my flaming Godzilla Tulnar idea.
  • Options
    I did find this, sorry I'm on my phone.  >:)
  • Options
    Any type of class they can heal or tank. Nice to have options.
  • Options
    Shame there isn't an option for 1/2 elf or 1/2 orc