Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tulnar race customizations chat 😀

2»

Comments

• Options
    • Players will have dials to adjust the reptilian, mammalian, humanoid, and other attributes of their Tul'nar character in the Character creator.
    So says an article on the wiki. I think based on this we will be able to have things be more humanoid or more beast like... and those beasts will include reptilian and mammalian options :smile:

This should be enough to go for a nice cat boy with just ears, tail, maybe a little claw action, but mostly human... just hoping the armor style won't be like most games where only female characters show off tons of skin :wink:
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    I have always been interested in somthing like this

but I think I'm going to play a elf ranger 
  • Options
    Yess most definitely!! Alot of us anime nerds are hoping for thus much customizations. 
  • Options
    I'm happy to see that some other people want the same thing I do from character creation. I really hope theres many options so that every player can make a character they like, including characters with the "cute" aspect. If I can't make I character I think is cute or pretty, it would probably turn me off from the game.There should be realistic faces/graphics as well as more cute ones for a wide range of player preferences. Also, +1 for cat girls xD
  • Options
    I hope things will be a bit grittier, although I do agree that there needs to be cuter within the art style they are after.
  • Options
    Im hoping since they said it was like bdo character creator, it should bring both gritty and cute aspects. I mean you would think so right.
  • Options
    "Humans but with cat ears"/"Humans but with dragon horns" would be a terrible waste of potential. It'd also run the risk of ripping off FFXIV's races, which are essentially humans, large humans, small potato humans, humans with cat ears and humans with dragon horns,

AoC has a chance to really create a genuine bestial race as opposed to this trend mostly found in Eastern MMOs of slapping furry ears and a tail on a half naked woman and calling it a day. With all the possibilities available, it'd be a shame to get essentially a copy of the token cutesy cat girls of every Korean MMO in existence.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    In the lore the tulnar are a combination of multiple races that started interbreeding when forced to live together. I'd be really sad if all they just gave us humans with animal features but i have faith that wont do that. Players are supposed to be able to dial up different attributes from these races to create their character. They sound like they are designed to cater to multiple crowds. Hopefully some will be able to have their animal people and others will be able to have their terrifying beasts.

Early concept

I'm really hoping i'm able to get close to warhammer lizardmen. Something extremely bestial in stature and appearance.
  • Options
    Think it is more likely to get a character model that blends the aspects that are selected, as opposed to say "human feature -> lizard feature" with zero variance to make it less jarring. (Imho) 

So far the design team has shown great skill in making things feel organic and believable. 

• Options
    The tulnar will probably look like animals rather than humans with animal features, well that depends what races the tulnar consist of.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I think they will look more beastly than cute if I'm honest. Judging by the little lore we know and the silhouettes they are not supposed to look natural. I'm very excited to see the customisation for Tul'nar. I'm intrigued to see how creative players will be with their creatures xD

Maybe you can be a furry lizard :D 
  • Options

A true furry lizard xD
  • Options
    Hahahahah noooo i just cant ahah.
            Seriously do ittt!!!!!! and make him wear purple pants then have his name tag say FURRY SMASH

Lmfao ahahaha 
  • Options
    That sounds more like hulk though ? It would actually be fun to have the tulnar with a 'beast mode' ability
  • Options
    That sounds more like hulk though ? It would actually be fun to have the tulnar with a 'beast mode' ability

Sorry i couldnt resist making a hulk referance when i saw that pic you posted lol. It was either that or make a cell joke.

I hope they give the tulnar somthing like a beast ability. Like running on all fours or seeing in the dark. 
  • Options
    Yeah, it's also a good idea to make some tulnar look human-like (lizard tulnar looks like a human but with scales) and then have them transform into a full bipedal lizard.
  • Options
    If I can make myself a Rat person then I will be content.
  • Options
    If I can make myself a Rat person then I will be content.

I think you might get your wish, number 1 looks like a rat creature.

• Options
    Bringing in a couple more examples of what I think could be good "humanoid" Tulnar options:

• Options
    Theres 3 traits to choose from - Humanoid, Mammalian, Reptilian 
    Here's how i see it 
    • Humanoid/ Humanoid
    • Humanoid/ Mammalian 
    • Humanoid/ Reptilian 
    • Mammalian/ Humanoid
    • Mammalian/ Mammalion
    • Mammalian/ Reptilian 
    • Reptilian/ Humanoid 
    • Reptilian/ Mammalian
    • Reptilian/ Reptilian 
    The above are just the Dual-Blends. The next ones are the Tri-Blends
    • Humanoid/ Humanoid/ Humanoid
    • Humanoid/ Humanoid/ Mammalian
    • Humanoid/ Humanoid/ Reptilian
    • Humanoid/ Mammalian/ Humanoid 
    • Humanoid/ Mammalian/ Mammalian
    • Humanoid/ Mammalian/ Reptilian
    • Humanoid/ Reptilian/ Humanoid
    • Humanoid/ Reptilian/ Mammalian
    • Humanoid/ Reptilian/ Reptilian
    • Mammalian/ Mammalian/ Mammalian 
    • etc ... refer to image below to finish it up''

• Each block is x9 because all of the Humanoids gave me 9 options. So each other should also be 9 options. i.e. Multiply by 9 for each Block
    So thats lot for one 1 Race tbh - even if Intrepid plans to do Dual-Blends only as opposed to Tri-Blends ... its still alot  :D

I'm just hoping that its all Sliders and NO Presets for the Appearence - that way, it'll be more flexible. I'm still thinking that a " Circle Graph " may be best in representing the Sliders.

But i could be wrong about some things though. But i do recall the LiveStream about Character Creation though
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Despite this, Furry is start ?
    Don't understand the hate for Furries btw - they'll still humans too  :*
  • Options
    Because they do stuff like this.
    my strange addiction tlc GIF
    my strange addiction tlc GIF
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError
    i ... i think thats just Bad Representation tbh   :#
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    -snip-
    Yeah, personally, I don't think the "combo" method is how they'll do it.  At least, it isn't the read I got.

I think it's much more likely there will be various features we can customize, because they're a race of various mixtures.  They aren't just of three ancestries: The Humanoids, The Reptilian Beastfolk, The Mammalian Beastfolk—they're of various major and minor races all blended together.  We can't even assume they were all the same types of Humanoids/Reptilians/Mammalians.  Even in the Humanoid category we could have had Orcs, Dwarves, Elves, Humans, and who-knows-what-else mixed in.

I think the "Mammalian / Reptilian / Humanoid" won't be coming in for distinctly different bodies each tailored a specific way for every combination, but features and parts we decide to put on.

As an example:
    • We might be able to pick between plantigrade (flat-footed) and digitigrade (walks on toes) bodies.
    • We might be able to pick different body textures, such as smooth skin, fur, scales.
    • We might be able to pick different tail types, such as reptilian or mammalian.
    • We might be able to pick different face shapes, humanoid, reptilian, mammalian.
    • We might be able to pick different features, like horns, scales, spikes, tufts of fur, fangs, etc.
    It's much simpler, and allows a lot more creativity on the part of players.  Could you end up with a flat-footed Tulnar with some scales, a mammalian tail, a humanoid face, and horns?  Sure.  It's what I'd expect after those races blending for thousands of years underground.  But maybe they'll lock things a bit, so maybe if you choose to be covered in scales you only get certain kinds of faces/tails/ears/etc. unlocked.
    Eragale said:

Despite this, Furry is start ?
    Don't understand the hate for Furries btw - they'll still humans too  :*
    People asked if Tulnar are furries, and Steven said "Tulnar do not equal furries, but there are definitely some bestial components that you can scale up when you're creating your Tulnar character, so you could max that setting I guess. Whether or not that would give you what you would think of as a furry, I guess it's going to be up to your interpretation of what a Furry is."

To me, it's him explaining that Tulnar aren't just going to be anthro races slapped into the game.  What I got from it is: "If you max out their more beast-race like attributes, it'll be up to your personal interpretation if that's considered a furry or not."

Which to me says: "Even with it maxed out they won't look like your stock beast race".  Otherwise the answer probably would have been more along the lines of "They can be, if you decide to go that route" or "If you max out the bestial components they'll fit more into that category.".  I don't think it's a hatred of furries, in my opinion just Steven explaining that maybe some people will think of them as furries at that maxed out point—maybe some won't think so at all.
  • Options
    @Maevynn
    Well my post was more of a " Generalization of the whole thing " but yeah - I'm hoping the Character Creation Screen for the Tulnar has more in-depth choices to minor detail. So yeah, I agree  o:)o:)o:)o:)
  • Options
    Tulnar race is so tricky, 
    ^