Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

News on Combat system

I'm new to the discussions here; however, I've been following the game for quite a few months now.  I've fell in love with the art style and all the little goodies here and there.  My biggest concern upon watching the combat system video from a few months back.

Is there an update on or if there will be changes because, as it stands the combat system does seem visually slow and not fitting.  I don't think many people care much for spending lots of time watching a bar to use skills/spells.   I will include and state, GW2 (Guild Wars 2), did a fantastic job on their combat system as a style of action/ tab targeting.  I would love to see that style system here or a hybrid of.  A nice mixture of the WoW style combat but different and new.

So, if anyone knows something and could shed some light on my inquiry, that would be great.  Maybe a link that I haven't found to previous posts or videos.  I'd love to watch them.

Keep up the great work at Intrepid, I believe you all are doing a wonderful job at making this game beautiful and interesting.

Also, is the current combat system still the standing system from the Pre-Pre- Alpha footage.  I would love to know.

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    They stated in their stream yesterday that they have made changes to the combo system for the alpha 0. We didn't get to see it as I think it was disabled during their play through, but they have repeatedly said that what we saw a Pax was only the first iteration and that it will go through many changes until it feels right.
  • Ok, I usually try to check in on this game ever 2 months.  Interesting, My guess is after the new year begins Maybe January or something, I bet we'll see some new changes.  I think that's a good thing.  Thank you buddy for the update. 
  • You aren't the only one who is anxious about this system. The community is keeping Intrepid on their toes when it comes to combat. Especially once Alpha 1 and 2 start.  I expect that when it is all said and done the it will feel and look good to play.
  • I hope so.  It looks breathtaking so far, and I really love the way taverns sound.
  • Well it is kind of soon to be comparing the alpha zero to an already released game ouce they get further along and players have a more hands on experience with the combat system then it will be  time for player feed back. As of right now not enough is known about it to make a sound review.
  • This is only Alpha 0. The developers I think are more focused on making sure the combat, npc mechanics, and abilities work now, as that is very important. No doubt as time progresses and the combat is perfected, they will focus more on the visuals of combat, and add more animations and pizzaz to it all.
  • This is only Alpha 0. The developers I think are more focused on making sure the combat, npc mechanics, and abilities work now, as that is very important. No doubt as time progresses and the combat is perfected, they will focus more on the visuals of combat, and add more animations and pizzaz to it all.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed you're right