Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Kickstarter backers and new upgrades

First off, as soon as I saw the first video on this at the start of the kickstarter I donated. I have high hopes that AOC will finally bring the mmorpg industry out of the stupid instance grind and take full advantage of the massive open world. That being said, I have a few questions.

1. Does the current item for sale in the store upgrade what I already have via kickstarter?
2. Will kickstarter backers have access to alpha or beta?
3. Are there any inspirations the developers are pulling from?
4. How are the devs going to combat population control that plagues many open world pvp focused MMOs?
5. How are classes traditionally required for PVE, but bad for PVP (i.e. tank), going to be viable in pvp?
6. Will there be a physics engine making characters solid or will we walk through each other?
7. I hate instances and short cuts as well as automatic looking for group mechanics, are those in AOC?
8. I want people to be able to make mistakes or be evil so I can be the good guy in return, is this possible in AOC?

I'm sure I have a million more questions that will be answered over time, but I thank the community up front for their shared knowledge and excitement!

Comments

• Options
    1 No, depending on your KS level of backing you do not need to purchase anything further. The upgrade paths for KS are currently disabled till early next year. There will be options to purchase cosmetics ala carte. You do NOT need to buy a separate package again.
    2. Depending on your KS level of backing you will have access to Alpha 1 and beyond.
    3. Lots of info on the forums about this. 
    4. See 3.
    5. See 4.
    6. Character and spell collision in game. To be adjusted during testing to alleviate griefing/blocking aspects.
    7. Limited instancing. No auto groupfinder, no fast travel. More info on forums and related sites.
    8. Corruption mechanics for PKers and bounty hunting available on release.
  • Options
    Quick question, what do you @UnknownSystemError mean by "the upgrade paths for KS are currently disabled till early next year"?
    Like, I am still able to upgrade my pledge and I just paid for an upgrade the other day. Unless you mean something that I am totally missing.
  • Options
    The ability to upgrade your KS from say BoW to LoM is currently disabled. Unless you found some workaround that the mods have decided to keep secret and tell people different. You can still purchase addons from the Summer backing a la carte, but upgrading actual KS (big shiny green button we had) pledges has been disabled for the moment. Steven stated that it will be back in the new year. So Soon™.
  • Options
    Although it displays in your account "Orders, Addons and Upgrades" the upgrade pathways are currently disabled. They are expected to return in the early new year. 

:)
  • Options
    Ah I see. I just had it bookmarked from way back when and kinda used it when I couldn't find the big shiny green button lol. >v<
  • Options
    Wait... Does this mean that my order won't be processed or something 'cause it's supposed to be disabled...?
  • Options
    Don't know. Look at your dashboard. Was it applied. Was your CC charged? All things that would tell you if it went through or not.
  • Options
    It's been charged via PayPal and it says it's processing. Nothing on dashboard, but I guess it'll either appear once it's processed or  not. :>
  • Options
    They hella busy atm with the testing, give it a few days and then send a ticket if it doesn't resolve. They will get you sorted. It isn't like you are missing anything you can use right now, plenty of time to fix any issue.
  • Options
    True true. :smile: