Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What are Embers (in-game marketplace credits)?

I was just looking at the shop and when I clicked on a description, it mentions the Embers (in-game marketplace credits), I am curious as to whether or not those who pledged via kickstarter will get some of them.

Comments

• Options
    They're the currency for the cosmetic cash shop. I don't think Kickstarters will get any.  >:)
  • Options

What?! ;A;
  • Options
    They will be currency for the cosmetic cash shop. If Intrepid follows many others that have done this, they will be given out as part of a monthly sub. This allows them to say that everything in the cosmetic shop is obtainable in game just by playing. The monthly amount will be a pittance most likely requiring a few months of saving up to get something that you are interested in off the store. Odds are those in the KS who have lifetime subs will receive this monthly amount, since technically, they have a monthly sub, just endless. All of the above statements barring the first sentence are speculation, but I bet I am right or real damn close.
  • Options
    Ah I see. Thanks. :smile:
  • Options
    They will be currency for the cosmetic cash shop. If Intrepid follows many others that have done this, they will be given out as part of a monthly sub. 
    Hopefully they follow this, would make it less of a bad idea :P
  • Options
    I think it'll be more of a WoW type system. Without the buying of a max lvl character. But things like unique mounts, pets, stuff like that.

That's what I hope anyway. Gear, cosmetic or not, behind a pay wall triggers me. As I love to collect every piece. And then mix and match a set for RP 
  • Options
    I think you will be able to get every mount but have to pay for skins.
  • Options
    Elder said:
    They're the currency for the cosmetic cash shop. I don't think Kickstarters will get any.  >:)
    cinda sad we dont get them.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if these will also be used to pay for subscriptions? And if so, can we send them as gifts? I have a friend who wants to play but can't really afford it. I'm hoping you can use embers to pay for your sub, and that I can gift embers or something...
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Allusir said:
    Does anyone know if these will also be used to pay for subscriptions? And if so, can we send them as gifts? I have a friend who wants to play but can't really afford it. I'm hoping you can use embers to pay for your sub, and that I can gift embers or something...
    Most likely not since transactions of those types might lead to RMT. Once Embers are full explained their final purpose will become clear. Embers most likely will just be what the currency for the cosmetic cash shop is called and will not be used to pay for subscriptions. What would be the logic in having 6 month sub time in an early access pack with X amount of Ember, if Ember could be used to buy more sub time? People just need to suck it up and realize they are going to pay $15 a month for the sub, there are not going to be dodgy workarounds where if I play the game for X amount of time grinding with my bots I will be able to buy my friends access, or sell access and make money. Or buy a single months sub, and through my mmo brilliance and Ember market manipulation be able to play for free forever.

Edit: For those concerned about sub prices, there is also a separate referral system that can generate real money that could be used to pay for subscriptions, or whatever you want.

• Options
    I am glad IS is against this, as USE is right and that it would allow F2P which disolves into P2W.
  • Options
    I don't think this is a bad thing, but I do believe it is unneeded. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I guess I can see how that could lead to workarounds for bad reasons. Makes sense, and I'd rather there not be gold sellers in this game...
  • Options
    Fleelix said:
    Elder said:
    cinda sad we dont get them.
    We get a number of other perks in their stead. We will live.
  • Options
    I bought the Intrepid pack last month which should have given 150 cash shop credits. But when I went to buy the forge this month my only option was credit card again. Am I doing something wrong?

• Options
    wired172 said:
    I bought the Intrepid pack last month which should have given 150 cash shop credits. But when I went to buy the forge this month my only option was credit card again. Am I doing something wrong?

I don’t believe you get the embers until the game is released. 
  • Options
    Maora said:
    I was just looking at the shop and when I clicked on a description, it mentions the Embers (in-game marketplace credits), I am curious as to whether or not those who pledged via kickstarter will get some of them.
    This would be a good question to post for the Live Stream on the 9th.
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    wired172 said:

That is correct. None of the "monetary" stuff will be applied to your account until live launch. Just like your subscription time won't start ticking down during testing and only after live launch.
  • Options
    My guess is that they'll work like Fashion Coupons in TERA Online.  They can be used to buy appearance items (clothes, pets that just follow you around, furniture for your home, unique appearance options like eye colors or hair styles, etc.).  But not to buy things like more powerful weapons and armor that will improve your character's abilities.
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    wired172 said:

That is correct. None of the "monetary" stuff will be applied to your account until live launch. Just like your subscription time won't start ticking down during testing and only after live launch.

So I have store credits I can't use in the store for two years +/-, That is pretty crappy.

• Options
    edited July 2018

• Options
    @wired172
    The store hasn't even opened yet... as soon as it opens you'll be able to use your credits :wink:
  • Options
    Embers!? Wow - thought I'd clicked onto 'Dark Souls' accidentally...!?
    'Will I die?' (to misquote Dark Souls!)
  • Options
    Embers!? Wow - thought I'd clicked onto 'Dark Souls' accidentally...!?
    'Will I die?' (to misquote Dark Souls!)
    I hope so ^^
  • Options
    @Azathoth haha, In the top left hand corner of the main page there is a "store" button that sells in-game cosmetics. I was under the impression that our credits would be good there.
  • Options
    I am assuming there will be an in game cash shop that takes Embers as well.
    I can see where the confusion would be, if you have already brought a package you have the option to buy skins piecemeal which is the whole proposed purpose of the in-game cash shop :wink:
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    I am assuming there will be an in game cash shop that takes Embers as well.
    I can see where the confusion would be, if you have already brought a package you have the option to buy skins piecemeal which is the whole proposed purpose of the in-game cash shop :wink:

Exactly, I bought the intrepid pack for 2 reasons, 1. Alpha game play and 2. store credits. Its just a bit disappointing that I cant use the credits till launch. 

• Options
    edited July 2018
    sorry my comments keep posting twice.