Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questing with Meaning

I personally prefer to do one, deep, in depth quest that may take half an hour but rewards a whole level. I may die multiple times trying to figure out this boss, or etc.

However, I recently heard people discussing how they like having a quest log full to the brim. One quest trails into five others. All fairly trivial but offer some story etc.

How many people prefer seeing a quest log full of 10% exp quests vs one 50% exp quest?
Would you rather have a quest with a cinematic, and unique depth or would you rather have multiple, fast paced quests?

Comments

• Options
    If i got it right there are actual 2 types of quests. One is quest the other one is task. A quest has a meaningfull story while a task is the same as 99% of the quests in a mainstream mmo (meaningless killing some mobs and such things) .

I like the idea of that system cause a mmo needs many many things to do but if you want many many things you cant expect a shakespear all time. So its rational to say there need to be things like kill 10 wolfs but you dont need a meaningless story for that. just take the task and do it. Like this they can concentrate on the remaining quests and give them a good and interesting story.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    That is awesome to hear! As long as there is strong differentiators such as a task log and a quest log side by side, that would be awesome. 

The single quest log with ! next to important ones just doesn't feel as significant, ya? 

Edit: Even with the differentiation, how would we feel about demanding quests vs ones that you are guaranteed to finish.

I.E. in WoW the mage tower, vs class quests. Mage tower is a single person boss fight that only x% beat, took me ~100 attempts and the class quests were meaningful but more or less guaranteed with ease.
  • Options
    Badss said:
    That is awesome to hear! As long as there is strong differentiators such as a task log and a quest log side by side, that would be awesome. 

That's what I'm expecting . But thats it already with the information i have from the few interviews i watched ^^ . Time will bring enlightenment . Since we are still pre alpha to alpha its presumably that they still try things out in that topic.