Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Would you like to see Seasonal World Bosses?

With the change of the seasons, I was thinking, would it be cool to have seasonal World bosses too?

example:

Old Man Winter comes in, he uses his cold power, and everything turns to ice and snow. Then his general Jack Frost starts making trouble for a few Node towns. Ice Men armies march on random towns, attack people on site. Too end the season on time, we must defeat Old Man Winter and his minions. If we fail, the season continues a little longer. In this case it's winter.

Not sure on Spring, Summer or Fall, but the winter one would be cool.

Comments

• Options
    That'd be neat.  Pooka approves of this.
  • Options
    Having seasonal bosses would be pretty interesting.  
  • Options

1st I was going to say holiday Bosses, but that is done to death. Since we do have the change of seasons, I figured why not time the coming and going with a world boss. To make it more interesting, have it where we need to beat them back, to help bring on the next season, if not then we get an extended season. So winter for example would last a little longer, or maybe we get a very bad heat wave if it's a summertime boss. Maybe a fire god type in the summer seasons.
  • Options
    Yes, but they should be different every year. Or at least, the event should be different every year so that it does not get stale after awhile.
  • Options
    I agree. :)
  • Options
    Zastro said:
    Yes, but they should be different every year. Or at least, the event should be different every year so that it does not get stale after awhile.

Now that I agree with, part of why I said make it a random attack on different nodes. But maybe have they can still have the same bosses, but the way they attack will get switched up, so you really can't plan how to defend against him each year.
  • Options
    I agree, and I don't think it's too important to have to have a different event every year. That's a lot of time and effort that takes away from other development... maybe better to have the same or similar stuff every year. Maybe change up the location of the event ever year? Make people travel to go witness the new boss, or the event on a node, etc. etc.
  • Options
    seronic said:
    I agree, and I don't think it's too important to have to have a different event every year. That's a lot of time and effort that takes away from other development... maybe better to have the same or similar stuff every year. Maybe change up the location of the event ever year? Make people travel to go witness the new boss, or the event on a node, etc. etc.
    This idea is mainly after the game is live, I wouldn't want them stopping the core work, just to add the icing on the cake.
  • Options
    A battle of the seasons... winter type Antioch fighting a spring type... the ultimate groundhog day
  • Options
    A battle of the seasons... winter type Antioch fighting a spring type... the ultimate groundhog day
    I can see that happening too.
  • Options
    Cool concept. I wouldnt mind seeing seasonal bosses
  • Options
    Why not make seasonal events a core part of the game? Holidays are pretty big things in the real world; maybe they could be important on Verra too.
  • Options
    I would really like that.
    Somehow I was convinced that was already a thing in AoC.
  • Options
    Granthor said:

1st I was going to say holiday Bosses, but that is done to death. Since we do have the change of seasons, I figured why not time the coming and going with a world boss. To make it more interesting, have it where we need to beat them back, to help bring on the next season, if not then we get an extended season. So winter for example would last a little longer, or maybe we get a very bad heat wave if it's a summertime boss. Maybe a fire god type in the summer seasons.
    The King badass of something that migrates.  It shows up - moves across the world - then gone.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Will Verra`s seasons match Earth's?

• Options
    Althor said:
    Will Verra`s seasons match Earth's?

Short answer no.