Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Kickstarter accounts transferable?

Hey folks, new here and seen a few online ads of people selling their kickstarter accounts.

Is the transfer of a kickstarter account through 3rd party middlemen allowed for Aoc? I wouldn't want to end up paying good money for something that is locked to someone else's email address or violate the EULA of either the devs or kickstarter's. I understand as fellow backers how frowned upon it may be to see someone else wanting to back out of their pledge and yes I could very well outright pledge through the existing subscriptions on the AOC website; however some of the KS accounts have pretty nice perks I would prefer and it's better to put to good use an early bird testing account than let it go to waste. Any thoughts? recommendations? Thank you kindly

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    trialzone said:
    Hey folks, new here and seen a few online ads of people selling their kickstarter accounts.

Is the transfer of a kickstarter account through 3rd party middlemen allowed for Aoc? I wouldn't want to end up paying good money for something that is locked to someone else's email address or violate the EULA of either the devs or kickstarter's. I understand as fellow backers how frowned upon it may be to see someone else wanting to back out of their pledge and yes I could very well outright pledge through the existing subscriptions on the AOC website; however some of the KS accounts have pretty nice perks I would prefer and it's better to put to good use an early bird testing account than let it go to waste. Any thoughts? recommendations? Thank you kindly

Intrepid has a fairly anti-RMT policy in place, and no such medium should be conducted over the forums or discord.

I also highly advise not to buy any packages either, especially Kickstarter ones as the email assigned cant to be changed, so even if you bought a package from another person, they could easily recover the account at a later date and the buyer would most certainly be out of pocket and be accountless.

To quote the code of conduct:
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/6855/read-me-community-guidelines-code-of-conduct/p1

No Monetary Transactions Under no circumstances will monetary transactions be permitted on the forums. This includes offering or requesting payment for help leveling up, in-game items, alpha/beta keys, artwork for your character, etc. This is simply because we cannot help you if anything goes wrong and certain types of things (such as payment for help leveling) against our game’s terms of service.

• Options
    Thank you for such a prompt response. This answers my question. I will be purchasing one of the packages on the AOC website. Do the packages vary monthly or will they remain as such until alpha 1? Thanks

• Options
    They will change occasionally, but currently, I cant give you an exact date for the change, but will be some adjustments in the cash shop during January.
  • Options
    DeathsProxy you have been most helpful! Thank you kindly for taking the time to provide me with clear and concise answers. I am looking forward to this game :) Cheers

• Options
    y i got offered as well and didnt know what to do, feelsbad not having a key for game :( 
This discussion has been closed.