Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A question about cosmetics in game.

Are there going to be enough cosmetic in game and not in cash shop?
I dont want this to be like BDO where if you dont give ~30$ for costumes your character looks like a lvl 1 noob.And no buying them from the pearl section in the marketplace doesnt count.
Since it will be a p2p i hope it will be like this.

Comments

• Options
    The truth is we will not know the answer to your question until we have played the released version of the game which will not happen until 2020 if everything goes as planned.

Now that that is out of the way.

The devs have addressed this on livestreams by saying there will be a very good amount of cosmetics in game without having to use the cash shop.
    And I personally think this is going to be the case, because remember, this is going to be a subscription game, that alone makes it alot more expensive than BDO and allows the devs to be financially stable without locking content behind a cash shop wall to force players to pay for them.

TL:DR:
    I Believe there will be alot of items in game to customize your character and land without using cash shop.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Amra said:
    Are there going to be enough cosmetic in game and not in cash shop?
    I dont want this to be like BDO where if you dont give ~30$ for costumes your character looks like a lvl 1 noob.And no buying them from the pearl section in the marketplace doesnt count.
    Since it will be a p2p i hope it will be like this.
    Yes, there will be cosmetics in the game and not just cash shop. They especially talked about situations such as Monster Coins, and when a monster raids a node if they are successful they will get a costume from destroying a node, just like if the players are able to kill the monster they will most likely get a costume.

I hope it's a bit similar to Blade and Soul where costumes basically MAKE the game.

It'd be very nice!
  • Options
    There will be cosmetic drops around too. They may not be on the level of a cash shop(otherwise embers are useless), but I'm sure they'll look pretty good. The concept art that I've seen is pretty good.
  • Options
    Whatever is going to be in the shop, there will also be "mostly" look alike achievable ingame.